by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

What Has Happened to the Battlefield Community?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Has Happened to the Battlefield Community?

Post  HurpDurpHurray on July 26th 2011, 9:37 pm

Why is it that Battlefield Bad Company 2 seems to be littered with complete idiots? I just played some Rush and for some idiotic reason, nobody wanted to do anything right. I managed to plant both bombs first time, one time going Kamikaze into the building and going on a killing spree. Then after that, they stole the next three choppers and NOBODY could figure out how to take it down. At least shoot a rocket at it. But no, everyone just hops around and get killed by it, respawn, and repeat. I spent the last three minutes of the game trying to shoot down the chopper with the machine gun on a tank. Meanwhile, the tank just sits there, nobody makes an effort to even get in. Amazing we got past two sets of bomb sites but we couldn't get past the third. Probably because there was a medic sitting inside a the lighthouse (a spot for snipers and snipers only!). God damn, I'm tired of the idiots that have infested the game now

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Re: What Has Happened to the Battlefield Community?

Post  TRU11 on July 27th 2011, 12:53 pm

At least with COD i can make up for a retarded team.

With MAG i just mind my bussines for the remainder of the time lol.

ow yeah EA games suck balls except NCAA Razz

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on July 27th 2011, 12:57 pm

TRU11 wrote:At least with COD i can make up for a retarded team.

Battlefield is awesome what are you talking about? It's just that you run into games that have mentally challenged people

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on July 27th 2011, 1:11 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
TRU11 wrote:At least with COD i can make up for a retarded team.

Battlefield is awesome what are you talking about? It's just that you run into games that have mentally challenged people

I just hate EA thats about it Razz

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on July 27th 2011, 1:16 pm

There are more retarded people on Call of Duty...and the worst part is that the game is catered to them...and I know what you're talking about in Battlefield, but I'm not sure if they are retarded, its just that they don't care about completing the objective as much as you do, they just want kills.

MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on July 27th 2011, 1:44 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:There are more retarded people on Call of Duty...and the worst part is that the game is catered to them...and I know what you're talking about in Battlefield, but I'm not sure if they are retarded, its just that they don't care about completing the objective as much as you do, they just want kills.

But it's not just that, it's how they're positioned. They'll run to random parts of the map and contribute nothing. I had one sniper where he was sitting on the other side of where our spawn was. All three flags were capped by the other team. He just saw there trying to snipe. He did nothing to try to get any flags and ended up with the lowest score in the game.

Other times, it's like you go for C first, then B, then when you go for A, the other team is capping C. It's like, well how the fuck they get behind us. Then I'm the only one that tries and stop them while the others raid their spawn. Meanwhile, I die 5 times and the other team caps all three flags.

Or how about when we're playing on a map where there's a ton of tanks and vehicles and I'm the only one with the Engineer class trying to do something. We could be getting spawned trapped in our own base by a tank and people will continue to run around in Assault class. CHANGE YOUR FUCKING CLASS! I unlocked almost everything for each class (only got two more sniper rifles) because I change my class to help the team out in certain situations.

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on July 27th 2011, 2:07 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:There are more retarded people on Call of Duty...and the worst part is that the game is catered to them...and I know what you're talking about in Battlefield, but I'm not sure if they are retarded, its just that they don't care about completing the objective as much as you do, they just want kills.

But it's not just that, it's how they're positioned. They'll run to random parts of the map and contribute nothing. I had one sniper where he was sitting on the other side of where our spawn was. All three flags were capped by the other team. He just saw there trying to snipe. He did nothing to try to get any flags and ended up with the lowest score in the game.

Other times, it's like you go for C first, then B, then when you go for A, the other team is capping C. It's like, well how the fuck they get behind us. Then I'm the only one that tries and stop them while the others raid their spawn. Meanwhile, I die 5 times and the other team caps all three flags.

Or how about when we're playing on a map where there's a ton of tanks and vehicles and I'm the only one with the Engineer class trying to do something. We could be getting spawned trapped in our own base by a tank and people will continue to run around in Assault class. CHANGE YOUR FUCKING CLASS! I unlocked almost everything for each class (only got two more sniper rifles) because I change my class to help the team out in certain situations.

bro you have that shit with any shooter.

tbh on COD i really dont give a crap about objectives just kills.
only thing is that im usually near the objective cause thats where the opponent is heading which increase my chances to get alot of kills.
so indirectly im helping out with objectives only im not caputering them but im making sure my team mates can caputure them and im keeping the opponent away.

With MAG i do try to do every objective cause solo you are really worthless and you can vote those idiots away.

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on July 27th 2011, 5:02 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

lol its funny picturing all of that...and do you want a way to get easy kills and trick your opponents? play on hardcore, use the neostead shotgun, and put on the long range slug thing....you can shotgun snipe people from all the way across the map and they die in one hit...and then they run back to that same spot to look for you because they think you must be close because you're using a shotgun...AND you can give yourself ammo if you choose the assault class.

/no I don't do it cause its cheap, I do it cause its hilarious watching someone die from all the way across the level..I literally laugh out loud every time I get someone...one time on Valparaiso I was defending the very last set of points and I was near the one that's on the second floor..a helicopter starts flying up and from far away I shot at the helicopter and just sat there laughing as the helicopter fell to the ground.

MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on July 27th 2011, 5:49 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

lol its funny picturing all of that...and do you want a way to get easy kills and trick your opponents? play on hardcore, use the neostead shotgun, and put on the long range slug thing....you can shotgun snipe people from all the way across the map and they die in one hit...and then they run back to that same spot to look for you because they think you must be close because you're using a shotgun...AND you can give yourself ammo if you choose the assault class.

/no I don't do it cause its cheap, I do it cause its hilarious watching someone die from all the way across the level..I literally laugh out loud every time I get someone...one time on Valparaiso I was defending the very last set of points and I was near the one that's on the second floor..a helicopter starts flying up and from far away I shot at the helicopter and just sat there laughing as the helicopter fell to the ground.

im sorry but did you say you can shoot someone on the other side of the map with a shotgun and you can use that same shotgun to take down a chopper
Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid scratch scratch scratch

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on July 27th 2011, 9:43 pm

TRU11 wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

im sorry but did you say you can shoot someone on the other side of the map with a shotgun and you can use that same shotgun to take down a chopper
Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid scratch scratch scratch

Ya its the one big flaw with the game. The shotgun range has always been ridiculously overpowered. The good thing is that the guns are pretty balanced. The shotguns though, they needed a patch. The one way to combat it is to get into a tank and blow his face off

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on July 28th 2011, 3:16 pm

to kill someone with a shotgun you need a tank Shocked

glad EA makes it easy for me to hate them Laughing

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy on July 29th 2011, 6:46 pm

Wait a sec. there are assholes in the BF games too?

According to BF fanbois there is no such thing. Every BF player is team oriented, non boosting, objective playing, mic using, non-vehicle whoring, mature and best the players in the world.

turns out there is assholes and idiots in every game.

No community is better than teh other. Both are full of complete and total asses. What a concept.
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on July 30th 2011, 1:26 am

there may be a few in the battlefield community, but the call of duty community is a lot worse...see, in call of duty it is a LOT easier to play in a "gay" way than in battlefield, and battlefield requires more skill...and a lot of the jackasses prefer playing in a "gay" way, and often lack skill..so they move towards the call of duty community while the cooler and better people are in the battlefield community.

the jackasses in the battlefield community probably received battlefield, rather than call of duty for their birthday.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on July 30th 2011, 6:50 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:there may be a few in the battlefield community, but the call of duty community is a lot worse...see, in call of duty it is a LOT easier to play in a "gay" way than in battlefield, and battlefield requires more skill...and a lot of the jackasses prefer playing in a "gay" way, and often lack skill..so they move towards the call of duty community while the cooler and better people are in the battlefield community.

the jackasses in the battlefield community probably received battlefield, rather than call of duty for their birthday.

tbh i found battlefield way to easy in compare to COD.

with a good sniper its a party lol

you pretty much know before hand where the enemy is coming from or where they are and its also pretty hard for an enemy to come and get you when your are behind your own fire line.

also put a vehicle in the right hands and its a massacre .

i got to say close combat is way thougher then long range combat.

in turns of difficulty i got to say MAG thrumps them all.

128 vs 128 is alot thougher cause if you wanna play rambo you are dead.

if you wanna snipe and do a shit job and hold your squad back you will get booted of the team.

Its by far the most team based shooter there is.

K/D on BF was 3.32 orso
K/D on COD is 2.19
K/D on MAG is 1.06 Mad

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on July 30th 2011, 10:24 am

TRU11 wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:there may be a few in the battlefield community, but the call of duty community is a lot worse...see, in call of duty it is a LOT easier to play in a "gay" way than in battlefield, and battlefield requires more skill...and a lot of the jackasses prefer playing in a "gay" way, and often lack skill..so they move towards the call of duty community while the cooler and better people are in the battlefield community.

you pretty much know before hand where the enemy is coming from or where they are and its also pretty hard for an enemy to come and get you when your are behind your own fire line.

if you wanna snipe and do a shit job and hold your squad back you will get booted of the team.

K/D on BF was 3.32 orso
K/D on COD is 2.19
K/D on MAG is 1.06 Mad

You know where people spawn in CoD too since the spawns suck balls. At least with Battlefield you have a choice as to where you spawn.

And since when is sitting in a corner with a FAMAS harder than actually using some strategy to capture objectives. There's always a way to take out a vehicle. Anyone can take one out but there's some people who just don't bother then wonder why they keep dying

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on August 14th 2011, 12:31 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
TRU11 wrote:

K/D on BF was 3.32 orso
K/D on COD is 2.19
K/D on MAG is 1.06 Mad

You know where people spawn in CoD too since the spawns suck balls. At least with Battlefield you have a choice as to where you spawn.

And since when is sitting in a corner with a FAMAS harder than actually using some strategy to capture objectives. There's always a way to take out a vehicle. Anyone can take one out but there's some people who just don't bother then wonder why they keep dying

I wouldn't worry about it.

TRU11 sounds like the guy this thread is aimed at. The bush wookie campers who sit in a corner with an M95 w/ 12x scope and Magnum ammo trying to headshot the enemy from the other side of the map.

Basically, selfish players who care about K/D rather than getting the objective. He even admits he doesn't go to the objective in COD as well but instead camps the enemy objective and racks up kills but makes no effort to capture the objective even if his team are losing.

That's actually the problem with these newer COD games. In COD4 people went for the objective. In Black Ops they'd rather sit in a bush and rack up kills so they can get their super-powerful killstreak rewards to boost their K/D even higher. No one camped for a friggin' chopper (7 kills) in COD4 but everyone will camp for chopper gunner in Black Ops (think it was about 11 kills).
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on August 15th 2011, 4:24 am

Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
TRU11 wrote:

K/D on BF was 3.32 orso
K/D on COD is 2.19
K/D on MAG is 1.06 Mad

I wouldn't worry about it.

TRU11 sounds like the guy this thread is aimed at. The bush wookie campers who sit in a corner with an M95 w/ 12x scope and Magnum ammo trying to headshot the enemy from the other side of the map.

Basically, selfish players who care about K/D rather than getting the objective. He even admits he doesn't go to the objective in COD as well but instead camps the enemy objective and racks up kills but makes no effort to capture the objective even if his team are losing.

That's actually the problem with these newer COD games. In COD4 people went for the objective. In Black Ops they'd rather sit in a bush and rack up kills so they can get their super-powerful killstreak rewards to boost their K/D even higher. No one camped for a friggin' chopper (7 kills) in COD4 but everyone will camp for chopper gunner in Black Ops (think it was about 11 kills).

when you play in a clan or a team you basicially use a tactic to win.

ours is 3 capture while the other 3 make sure no opponent comes near the HQ.

its pretty simple to understand though Rolling Eyes

when you play with randoms thats when you do everything yourself.

but as you never played with me i dont understand you say im a camper.

but yeah everyone with a high K/D is a camper right Rolling Eyes

also a chopper gunner is useluss in this game.

blackbird is by far the best kill streak in this game.

and when you use the dogs with it then you will have the best chance to get alot of kills.

a chopper is easy to destroy Rolling Eyes

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on August 15th 2011, 5:38 am

[quote="TRU11"]
Mutant wrote:

and when you use the dogs with it then you will have the best chance to get alot of kills.

Depends. If that 3.36 in Battlefield is from playing it for hours and hours, then you're a camper. If it's from playing less than 10 games it's luck. Battlefield is not about Kills. It's about the objective. About team work.

Going 58-5 on Rush when your team is attacking does not help anyone. That score won't plant the bomb, it won't effect the enemy either because they get infinite respawns whilst your team has a respawn ticker bar.

To quote what you said about objectives:

Then you come along as say you have some pre-arranged "tactic" with you clan for getting the HQ. Hang on, I thought you didn't give a crap about the objective?

Not everyone with a high K/D is a camper in COD. It depends on the modes and play style you have. If you play lots of SnD and are really good at it, you'll rack up the kills. and have a high K/D. If you play something like Demolition (aka campfest) and actually try to plant the bomb, you'll have a low K/D because you'll regualry go 10-38 or something.

I just find it unbelievable that you have a 3.36 K/D in Battlefield. It either suggests that you haven't played it long, or you camp in a bush. It's just the way the game is. Real team players who go for objectives will have lower K/Ds.
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on August 15th 2011, 6:36 am

[quote="Mutant"]
TRU11 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

Depends. If that 3.36 in Battlefield is from playing it for hours and hours, then you're a camper. If it's from playing less than 10 games it's luck. Battlefield is not about Kills. It's about the objective. About team work.

Going 58-5 on Rush when your team is attacking does not help anyone. That score won't plant the bomb, it won't effect the enemy either because they get infinite respawns whilst your team has a respawn ticker bar.

To quote what you said about objectives:

Then you come along as say you have some pre-arranged "tactic" with you clan for getting the HQ. Hang on, I thought you didn't give a crap about the objective?

Not everyone with a high K/D is a camper in COD. It depends on the modes and play style you have. If you play lots of SnD and are really good at it, you'll rack up the kills. and have a high K/D. If you play something like Demolition (aka campfest) and actually try to plant the bomb, you'll have a low K/D because you'll regualry go 10-38 or something.

I just find it unbelievable that you have a 3.36 K/D in Battlefield. It either suggests that you haven't played it long, or you camp in a bush. It's just the way the game is. Real team players who go for objectives will have lower K/Ds.

why dont you quote what is beneath that Rolling Eyes

you act like im in some random spot waiting on people ( camp).

if you ever played HQ you would know that the HQ respwans all over the place as well as yourself and your opponents.

So sticking in 1 spot (camp) would make you a easy target for good players.

And did i not say i play in teams and rarely solo.
and what makes a team good is tactic.

Also good players can go for objectives and have good K/D.

ow for the record i said i did not play BF long because it sucked and was to easy which would explain my K/D.

and MAG is the ultimate team based game and my K/D on that explains it.( its going up more and more though and right now it is 1.13)

you dont wanna believe me why dont you just check my stats on COD and compare them to yours.
you can easily see how much ive captured and how many bombs i planted or defused.

you also know there are some requirements that makes you do objectives anyways if you wanna unluck the 2nd stage from perks on COD.

Ive been playing COD since MW 1 if you want to know and before that counter strike .

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on August 15th 2011, 7:46 am

How do I check stats on COD when you're on PS3 and I'm pretty sure Black Ops has no Bungie.net-style stat tracking website?

I played HQ many times. Camping one spot is rife in the mode and you don't need to be a good player to make it easy. If an enemy player is camping with a sniper rifle, then all his team mates will spawn in his general area meaning that they have to move further to get to the HQ point.

The problem with COD is that the newer versions have these stupid customisable killstreaks. When I played HQ or Domination in Black Ops (never played MW2) there was a shit load of camping. People would actually move to an enemy controlled flag ('A' or 'C') hide behind some barrells with Ghost Pro and a silenced weapon and spawn kill the enemy.

They did this whilst the 'B' flag was under enemy control and their team was losing. It seemed to me that they'd rather go 79-3 with one capture (the spawn flag) than actually win the fucking game.

I loved HQ and Domination on COD4 but the modes are fucking terrible in Black Ops. From what I remember anyway. I haven't played BO since the beginning of the year. I think the reason it's become even less objective based than it was in COD4 is because of those damn killstreaks.
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on August 15th 2011, 8:21 am

Mutant wrote:How do I check stats on COD when you're on PS3 and I'm pretty sure Black Ops has no Bungie.net-style stat tracking website?

I played HQ many times. Camping one spot is rife in the mode and you don't need to be a good player to make it easy. If an enemy player is camping with a sniper rifle, then all his team mates will spawn in his general area meaning that they have to move further to get to the HQ point.

The problem with COD is that the newer versions have these stupid customisable killstreaks. When I played HQ or Domination in Black Ops (never played MW2) there was a shit load of camping. People would actually move to an enemy controlled flag ('A' or 'C') hide behind some barrells with Ghost Pro and a silenced weapon and spawn kill the enemy.

They did this whilst the 'B' flag was under enemy control and their team was losing. It seemed to me that they'd rather go 79-3 with one capture (the spawn flag) than actually win the fucking game.

I loved HQ and Domination on COD4 but the modes are fucking terrible in Black Ops. From what I remember anyway. I haven't played BO since the beginning of the year. I think the reason it's become even less objective based than it was in COD4 is because of those damn killstreaks.

well you can add me and see them.

and yeah the custom kill streaks are BS.
MW2 was really terrible when people use the tactical insertion with someone on the other team to load up on it.

1 thing BO did good though was dont make the kill streak rewards count to your killstreak.

in al previous COD , if you died you could use your reward to build up your kill streak very quick.

but like you said now a days its all about camping and that why i stopped with COD.

when you play alone is frustrating when you dammm teamates go sniping and suck at it.

Also those flags are domination and i dont play that because of camping.
Capture the flag the same.
Demolition same.

sabotage less camping.

HQ probaly has the least campers.

But im done till new COD comes and see what they do there.

i usually run with ghost pro sleight hand pro hacker pro, AK47 with red dot, revolver and china lake or crosbow.

TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 15th 2011, 10:31 am

My K/D in BFBC2 is 0.88 because of my game style. I just go straight at the objective and don't worry about dying unless we're attacking on rush. But I'll stay in a tank if it's low on health because I know that I can get a few shots off still and if I do hop out like every pussy does in the game, an enemy can take the tank, repair it, and slaughter us with it. I'm willing to sacrifice a death if it means I can shoot off a rocket at a vehicle to blow it up.

I just get tired of those who don't try and play objective or at least make the decision to change classes and actually help destroy a vehicle. They'll be people who will run around with a medic class, reviving people who died but they won't realize that the reason everyone is dying is because of the helicopter that is flying around. It's the same way with COD too. Just watch when someone has a chopper gunner, they'll just run around and hope it doesn't hit them when in reality it takes little to take one down.

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on August 15th 2011, 11:15 am

@Tru

That's why I quit COD as well. No game had ever pissed me off as much as Black Ops did. I got sick and tired of being killed by the same three weapons all the time, the snipers were useless, the modes were full of campers...etc.

And I couldn't pla my belovedy COD4 because it had been hacked to shit (360 user).

@Hurp

WHAT?! YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY USE THE CLASS SKILLS?! I can cound on my left hand the number of times I've been revived by a team mate even with half my fucking team rolling as Medics.

I don't think I've ever walked over a box of ammo that a squad mate has kindly left me. If I need ammo, I have to do it myself by plonking a box in front of me.

No one "spots". Rarely did I see the orange triangles denoting an enemy.

I always see myself as a back-up guy. I roll in support of the bomb planter and cover his ass whilst he plants. There were times when I'd get fucked off with my teams lack of effort and go plant the bombs myself. "RIGHT YOU STUPID WANKERS! WATCH ME. THIS IS HOW YOU PLANT A BOMB!".
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 15th 2011, 4:02 pm

Mutant wrote:@Tru

That's why I quit COD as well. No game had ever pissed me off as much as Black Ops did. I got sick and tired of being killed by the same three weapons all the time, the snipers were useless, the modes were full of campers...etc.

And I couldn't pla my belovedy COD4 because it had been hacked to shit (360 user).

@Hurp

WHAT?! YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY USE THE CLASS SKILLS?! I can cound on my left hand the number of times I've been revived by a team mate even with half my fucking team rolling as Medics.

I don't think I've ever walked over a box of ammo that a squad mate has kindly left me. If I need ammo, I have to do it myself by plonking a box in front of me.

No one "spots". Rarely did I see the orange triangles denoting an enemy.

I always see myself as a back-up guy. I roll in support of the bomb planter and cover his ass whilst he plants. There were times when I'd get fucked off with my teams lack of effort and go plant the bombs myself. "RIGHT YOU STUPID WANKERS! WATCH ME. THIS IS HOW YOU PLANT A BOMB!".

Oh the spotting thing is the one that pisses me off the most. I think people just refuse to do it because it's a hard key to push. I try to spot a guy even if I'm shooting at him. Then if I lose the battle and die, my teammates can clean up the mess. And that's what makes me mad about the snipers: THEY NEVER SPOT ANYONE AND THAT'S YOUR JOB!

I also hop into the UAV usually just to spot out guys. It takes a while before someone spots a UAV because most people don't pay attention. So I don't shoot unless someone is shooting at me. I just spot out all the guys for my teammates so they know where they are

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum