by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

Anywone here play NBA 2K11?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anywone here play NBA 2K11?

Post  Mutant on April 15th 2011, 10:18 am

Is it any good? It's going cheap over here in the UK and I want to give it a go.

Never actually played a basketball game before. Well not properly anyway. I had a crack at NBA 2K8 once but I couldn't do shit with it lol. Kobe couldn't score from three feet away yet the CPU managed to nail three pointers with some scrub who plays for the Pacers or something weird like that (but since I know squat about basketball, that "scrub" could have been the king of three-pointers for all I knew).

So yeah, anyone got it? Got any tips for a noob incase I do decide to pick it up?
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Anywone here play NBA 2K11?

Post  Nef77 on April 15th 2011, 11:04 am

It's a great game. A lot of different game modes to enjoy and not as buggy as last years game. It has it's flaws but what game doesn't? 9/10 for me
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on April 15th 2011, 11:18 am

I was watching my nephew one day and he was playing it the whole, time, so I gave it a shot. (I don't like Basketball) But I enjoyed it. Seemed like a solid game. The Be A Pro mode or whatever it was was pretty sweet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!
MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on April 22nd 2011, 12:42 pm

So I got it.

- Normal mode is fine, really enjoyable.
- The Dunck contest mini game is stupid. I can't even get a basket with Michael fucking Jordan - His Airness himself.
- The 'Be A Pro' mode is really pissing me off. I can't make simple 2-pointers and my team is grading me low even thou I'm being a good team mate by passing the ball, shutting my match up down, and setting up points and stuff. Added to that, I'm going to get drafted by the Jazz. Noooo!
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on April 22nd 2011, 12:58 pm

I spend my time on nba 2k11 playing association mode, in my first year my starting five is pretty good lol:

John Wall
Nick Young
Wilson Chandler
Perry Jones (currently at Baylor in real life)
Lamar Odom

I could never get the hang of the dunk contest, I spent countless tries running to the basket just to watch my player do some stupid motion in the air and then fall down because my timing was always off..out of like 200 tries I had five or so successful dunks.

Be-A-Pro mode is alright, it kind of sucks how you start as a guy who can't make lay ups or anything, like honestly, anyone at summer training camp has to be at least decent at basketball...I got most of my points cherry picking because it was only possible to make uncontested layups..I also hate how the game determines whether or not I took a good shot, I'll take a wide open 3 with five seconds on the shot clock and I'll miss because my player is so bad and the game thinks it was bad so my teammate rating goes down..

but yeah association mode is the best IMO, I'm not good enough to play online cause I pretty much just pump fake and pass around, I don't back down the post or run any plays.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on April 22nd 2011, 1:21 pm

Yeah. I don't think I've nailed a dunk yet. It's stupid. I'd get the motion right but the ball would dink off the rim and I'd be told that I released RT too early. I doubt I'll ever get that achievement for beating LeBron in the dunk contest.

The Pro mode is driving me nuts. What exactly do I have to do to get my damn team mate score up? It only seems to go down. Starts at C+, couple of plays later it's at C- because I lost my man who scored, and then it's at D+ because I miss a shot. It never seems to go up when I score a 3-pointer, get a steal, Idea or get an assist. Are they hard to please or what?

I've only played 3 games so far of the normal mode - all of them NBA Today match-ups. I really like it. I'm going to start a season with the Bulls. I like how you actually get fouls in the game. In FIFA, you rarely ever get fouled. I cna't remember the last time I ever got a penalty in a soccer game.

Great game though
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on April 22nd 2011, 1:32 pm

MUTANT! wrote:Yeah. I don't think I've nailed a dunk yet. It's stupid. I'd get the motion right but the ball would dink off the rim and I'd be told that I released RT too early. I doubt I'll ever get that achievement for beating LeBron in the dunk contest.

The Pro mode is driving me nuts. What exactly do I have to do to get my damn team mate score up? It only seems to go down. Starts at C+, couple of plays later it's at C- because I lost my man who scored, and then it's at D+ because I miss a shot. It never seems to go up when I score a 3-pointer, get a steal, Idea or get an assist. Are they hard to please or what?

I've only played 3 games so far of the normal mode - all of them NBA Today match-ups. I really like it. I'm going to start a season with the Bulls. I like how you actually get fouls in the game. In FIFA, you rarely ever get fouled. I cna't remember the last time I ever got a penalty in a soccer game.

Great game though

yeah I think I got the Lebron achievement by just trying one of the hardest dunks over and over until I got it...and for be-a-pro the way I just went for every rebound, tried to get someone wide open and then get an assist, and then cherry picking because you get a bonus for taking a good shot and a fastbreak score.

and do association instead of season mode..season is just one season and then its over, in association mode its continuous so you can do everything.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on April 22nd 2011, 5:19 pm

I think I'm done with the Pro mode. I get drafted by the Dallas Mavericks which isn't bad in itself. I'm just kind of tired of the stupid "targets" and immovable grading system and the garbage players who can't shoot properly (and neither can my character for that matter).

I just wanna go all Michael Jordan on everyone and win a ring before LeBron (lol). But it seems I can't do that in Pro mode.

Oh well, Association it is then. Championship #7 comin' up!
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers on April 22nd 2011, 5:57 pm

It's a good game, but it seems you need to know the ins and outs of basketball to do well in the game. I was so awful at it LOL. Against pro difficulty, I lost something like 50-26.
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on April 22nd 2011, 6:11 pm

at23steelers wrote:It's a good game, but it seems you need to know the ins and outs of basketball to do well in the game. I was so awful at it LOL. Against pro difficulty, I lost something like 50-26.

I'm playing on Easy with sliders on Casual lol. But that's a bit to easy. So I'll rack it up to Pro on casual (well I am a casual player).

So take pride. You're better than me.

Looks like TMac is a beast at it though. Have you seen his achievements in it? Something like 750.
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on April 25th 2011, 8:38 am

This is definately one of the best sports games I've ever played.

My only gripe is the stupid personal fouls the AI commits towards the end of the game. It's not so bad when I'm leading by 20 points but what's the point in doing it when I'm only up by two with 20 seconds on the clock?

I was playing last night with my Fantasy Draft team and I was playing the Knicks. Nate Robinson was killing me and had about 28 points halfway through the 3rd qtr. There was only 1-2 points seperating the teams at any given point. Then 20 seconds before the end the Knicks started fouling when the score was at 78-80. Got some free throw attempots and won the game 84-78.

They could easily have come back and won the game. Stupid AI.

My fantasy draft team is:

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Monra Ellis
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Ben Wallace

And the bench players are made up of younger dudes. What do you think? Not sure if I spelt Ellis' first name right though. I'm quite pleased with it actually because I'm not a huge NBA fan - I know some star player names but I couldn't tell you who the Nuggets' 6th man is.
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on April 25th 2011, 9:51 am

MonTa Ellis Very Happy

Ya I love the game as well. Just started a franchise with my Raptors. First on the list of things to do: trade Bargnani. Managed to trade him for Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu. So now my lineup is:

C: Chris Kaman
PF: Amir Johnson
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu
SG: Demar DeRozan
PG: Jose Calderon
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB on April 25th 2011, 10:52 am

Might check it out at some point, wanta try and get some more sports games.
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on May 6th 2011, 4:11 am

awesome game.

online league is what i play the most lol.

just started an association due to no PSN Razz

using magic

team :

PG: nelson
SG: Ellis
SF: Wallace
PF: Ibaka
C: Howard

bench:

T-mac and Bass and a bunch of nobodies lol.

no picks left though whahahhahaha

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat on May 8th 2011, 5:47 pm

I have 2K10 but I have a question; how long are your quarters in this game? I want it to be realistic but don't want it too take all day.

My Assosiation team is
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Michael Redd
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Eddy Currry
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on May 8th 2011, 11:50 pm

George_the_Kat wrote:I have 2K10 but I have a question; how long are your quarters in this game? I want it to be realistic but don't want it too take all day.

My Assosiation team is
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Michael Redd
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Eddy Currry

I play with 8 minute quarters and I score from anywhere from 80 to 110 points a game..I think I average like 103 a game...and if you care this much I think these are about what my players average:

John Wall - 25 ppg and 13.5 apg
Perry Jones - 20.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg
Nick Young - 16.5 ppg
Wilson Chandler - 16 ppg 5 rpg
Lamar Odom - 10 ppg 5 rpg

and then the bench is anywhere from 0 to 8 or so..so the stats are pretty realistic other then my team's ability to get 30+ APG and inability to get more then around 25 RPG..lol

MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat on May 9th 2011, 5:24 pm

Thanks
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content