Latest topics
» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

Shameless USA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shameless USA.

Post  Megatron on June 30th 2011, 6:47 pm

What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!
avatar
Megatron

Posts : 68
Street Cred : 4
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22
Location : Across the pond.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Soarindude02 on June 30th 2011, 7:05 pm

maxwilliams123 wrote:What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!

Do people in England always use the combination: Cuss word-Wits at the end? Haven't seen it myself, glad I haven't. Skins was awful. The Office US was probably better then the English version though....

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Soarindude02

Posts : 1043
Street Cred : 19
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  tubbs51 on June 30th 2011, 8:04 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
maxwilliams123 wrote:What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!

Do people in England always use the combination: Cuss word-Wits at the end? Haven't seen it myself, glad I haven't. Skins was awful. The Office US was probably better then the English version though....

Awww sheet... you just opened a GIANT can of worms... i'm gonna hide before the Brits stomp your ass into the Florida ground Razz

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
tubbs51

Posts : 1624
Street Cred : 26
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, Washington, US

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 30th 2011, 9:06 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
maxwilliams123 wrote:What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!

Do people in England always use the combination: Cuss word-Wits at the end? Haven't seen it myself, glad I haven't. Skins was awful. The Office US was probably better then the English version though....

Awww sheet... you just opened a GIANT can of worms... i'm gonna hide before the Brits stomp your ass into the Florida ground Razz

as an american ill agree with those british dudes. anytime the US takes an english show, they screw it up pretty much. the office is the exception because it is as good or as entertaining as the british office

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on June 30th 2011, 11:18 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
maxwilliams123 wrote:What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!

Do people in England always use the combination: Cuss word-Wits at the end? Haven't seen it myself, glad I haven't. Skins was awful. The Office US was probably better then the English version though....

Awww sheet... you just opened a GIANT can of worms... i'm gonna hide before the Brits stomp your ass into the Florida ground Razz

as an american ill agree with those british dudes. anytime the US takes an english show, they screw it up pretty much. the office is the exception because it is as good or as entertaining as the british office

*see Top Gear. I was watching the British version of it tonight (I get BBC) and it just seemed so much more humerous than the americanized version....

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
avatar
BaltRavensFan20

Posts : 2260
Street Cred : 49
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 27
Location : South Eastern Pennsylvania, U.S.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Thadden on June 30th 2011, 11:52 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
maxwilliams123 wrote:What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!

Do people in England always use the combination: Cuss word-Wits at the end? Haven't seen it myself, glad I haven't. Skins was awful. The Office US was probably better then the English version though....

Awww sheet... you just opened a GIANT can of worms... i'm gonna hide before the Brits stomp your ass into the Florida ground Razz

as an american ill agree with those british dudes. anytime the US takes an english show, they screw it up pretty much. the office is the exception because it is as good or as entertaining as the british office

*see Top Gear. I was watching the British version of it tonight (I get BBC) and it just seemed so much more humerous than the americanized version....
Thats because it is more humorous. I loved the episode where they tried loading that enormous "dead guy" into the back of the car. He didnt fit

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY TEAMS:


[22:50:17] @ Brownsxfanx31 : my dad is a girl.

[20:35:44] @ HurpDurpHurray : I FUCKING HATE U THADDEN.
[20:36:12] S-UNIT302 : this mutha fucka just rick rolled me
[20:37:31] @ HurpDurpHurray : im not watching anymore videos u send me privately now.

MaddMatt on Sun 10 Apr - 19:00: Thadden, I'm officially naming you Head of Recruitment lol, you had one kickass professional looking statement. .
avatar
Thadden

Posts : 1796
Street Cred : 44
Join date : 2011-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 1st 2011, 12:03 am

Thadden wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
maxwilliams123 wrote:What the hell is up with this show? The original is so much better. It is the same character names as the English ones and all the same plots just some Americans acting it somewhere else.

You would of thought that it would have been adapted into something more American? No. If you have ever seen the original then this is not worth watching. This is so poor and will never be as good as the original.

Almost as bad as Skins USA. William H. Macey can suck a fat one, he is a shit Frank. None of them fuckers on it can act like the real deal.

It is literally the same characters and same plot lines, even the same lines. Get something original you fuck wits!

Do people in England always use the combination: Cuss word-Wits at the end? Haven't seen it myself, glad I haven't. Skins was awful. The Office US was probably better then the English version though....

Awww sheet... you just opened a GIANT can of worms... i'm gonna hide before the Brits stomp your ass into the Florida ground Razz

as an american ill agree with those british dudes. anytime the US takes an english show, they screw it up pretty much. the office is the exception because it is as good or as entertaining as the british office

*see Top Gear. I was watching the British version of it tonight (I get BBC) and it just seemed so much more humerous than the americanized version....
Thats because it is more humorous. I loved the episode where they tried loading that enormous "dead guy" into the back of the car. He didnt fit

the formitable toyota that they couldnt break

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Megatron on July 1st 2011, 3:11 pm

Yeah Shameless and Skins is better than the US version and also the Office is better, but only slightly, and Top Gear rules Cool.
avatar
Megatron

Posts : 68
Street Cred : 4
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22
Location : Across the pond.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Mutant on July 1st 2011, 3:35 pm

I don't think British humour translates well to US audiences.

Skins is about 18 year olds who swear, openly take drugs, drink, have sex with each other, cope with aneorxia, whilst still having the humour of teenage life.

I don't think it will appeal to the Americans in a country where a TV station is fined a billion dollars just for showing a tiny bit of naked ass before the watershed (which is 10pm in the US whereas it's 9pm here). You should have seen some of the more raunchy acts on Britain's Got Talent - there were exotic dancers being shown at 7pm on a Saturday!

Likewise, Shameless is about life on a British council estate. Same kind of think as Skins; lots of fucking, drug taking, drinking, swearing, etc. The main male character is a drug taking drunk who lives on benefits. His wife is hooked on anti-depressants.

It would sould weird calling someone "A cunt faced twat!" in an American accent which are words which are used regularly in these shows.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on July 1st 2011, 3:47 pm

american TV just sucks. there are exceptions.

south park
simpsons
mad men

all of which have good writers and try to be good not quickly manufactured shit

wilfred and archer are really good new shows

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Mutant on July 1st 2011, 4:03 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:american TV just sucks. there are exceptions.

south park
simpsons
mad men

all of which have good writers and try to be good not quickly manufactured shit

wilfred and archer are really good new shows

Your shows go on too long that's why.

'Two And A Half Men' for example was funny when Charlie was shagging everything, Alan was a prude, and Jake was a lazy 10-year old who'd rather eat than do his homework.

Now Jake is about 18 and Charlie doesn't shag everything in a skirt as much as he used to. Hell, the last time I saw a newer episode he seemed to be settling down and was going to get married. WTF? And now they've replaced Sheen with fuckin' Ashton Kuchter no doubt to milk a few more seasons out of it.

I never understood Friends but that was on for about 15 years or something.
Fraiser went on forever as well
CSI has had 10 years and 2 spin-offs.
Law & Order has had about 3 spin-offs and has been going on for ages too.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Megatron on July 1st 2011, 4:08 pm

Mutant wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:american TV just sucks. there are exceptions.

south park
simpsons
mad men

all of which have good writers and try to be good not quickly manufactured shit

wilfred and archer are really good new shows

Your shows go on too long that's why.

'Two And A Half Men' for example was funny when Charlie was shagging everything, Alan was a prude, and Jake was a lazy 10-year old who'd rather eat than do his homework.

Now Jake is about 18 and Charlie doesn't shag everything in a skirt as much as he used to. Hell, the last time I saw a newer episode he seemed to be settling down and was going to get married. WTF? And now they've replaced Sheen with fuckin' Ashton Kuchter no doubt to milk a few more seasons out of it.

I never understood Friends but that was on for about 15 years or something.
Fraiser went on forever as well

Yeah Friends was on for 10 years...

Two and Half Men used to be awesome but now its like "meh" I don't wanna see Charlie settle down, I enjoyed it when he was canoodling. Ashton Kutcher replacing Sheen would be to drag out another 15 years of it.

Fraiser was like 28947 years running. Still gets played over here. So does Friends. Over and over again.
avatar
Megatron

Posts : 68
Street Cred : 4
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22
Location : Across the pond.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  scrimmage on July 1st 2011, 4:31 pm

Whose Line is it Anyway

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
On my way to my goal of -30 street cred
avatar
scrimmage

Posts : 57
Street Cred : 1
Join date : 2011-04-15
Location : NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Browns on July 1st 2011, 5:40 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:american TV just sucks. there are exceptions.

south park
simpsons
mad men

all of which have good writers and try to be good not quickly manufactured shit

wilfred and archer are really good new shows
Simpsons went down the drain years ago. its hardly funny anymore.
avatar
Browns

Posts : 1031
Street Cred : 41
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 21
Location : Massillon, OH

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  tubbs51 on July 2nd 2011, 12:50 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:american TV just sucks. there are exceptions.

south park
simpsons
mad men

all of which have good writers and try to be good not quickly manufactured shit

wilfred and archer are really good new shows

The Walking Dead is pretty epic... most of the stuff on the USA Network is good too... i like the new show Suits...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
tubbs51

Posts : 1624
Street Cred : 26
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, Washington, US

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Mutant on July 2nd 2011, 5:07 am

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:american TV just sucks. there are exceptions.

south park
simpsons
mad men

all of which have good writers and try to be good not quickly manufactured shit

wilfred and archer are really good new shows
Simpsons went down the drain years ago. its hardly funny anymore.

Simpsons is still good fun to watch even if the jokes are a bit thin now.

But you can't expect originility after 400 episodes and 25 years - about three times longer than South Park and Family Guy. Hell, even FG has started to lose it's magic.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Shameless USA.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum