by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

anyone like Fable?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anyone like Fable?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on June 24th 2011, 12:27 am

just wondering if you guys have tried any of the Fable games out there...i played the 1st one and really liked it alot, i love how you choose your own path and destiny by your actions during the game... i havent tried 2 or 3 and any feedback would be good...just wondering if they stayed the same route and kept it similiar to the 1st one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: anyone like Fable?

Post  tubbs51 on June 24th 2011, 1:30 am

The first Fable is by far the best in my opinion. They started taking out the RPG elements in Fable 2 and in Fable 3 its just an adventure game with very very little RPG elements.

I'd say rent Fable 2 and 3 but certainly dont spend the $$$ on buying them...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on June 24th 2011, 1:38 am

tubbs51 wrote:The first Fable is by far the best in my opinion. They started taking out the RPG elements in Fable 2 and in Fable 3 its just an adventure game with very very little RPG elements.

I'd say rent Fable 2 and 3 but certainly dont spend the $$$ on buying them...

ahhh ok cool, thanks for the feedback, i saw Fable 3 at Gamespot for 50 bucks and didnt want to spend the $$$ if it wasnt as good as 1

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on June 24th 2011, 1:51 am

yeah sadly the Fable series is dying... the fourth Fable is going to be Kinect only...

Peter fucking Molyneaux... always fucking shit up.

tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on June 24th 2011, 11:11 am

Fable II and III sucked.

Two of the most disappointing games I've ever played.
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 on June 24th 2011, 2:10 pm

1 was decend.

made me play the xbox for the 1 and only time lol.

still feel dirty though for playing an xbox No

TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on June 24th 2011, 6:10 pm

TRU11 wrote:1 was decend.

made me play the xbox for the 1 and only time lol.

still feel dirty though for playing an xbox No

you live in Amsterdam... you should feel dirty 100% of the time Razz

@Mutant: i agree 100%... Peter Molyneaux is great at way over hyping his game and promising shit that he cant deliver... like the golden acorn fiasco.

I remember when they said Fable 2 and 3 were going to be wide open worlds like the TES games. but they werent.

tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on June 24th 2011, 6:28 pm

I didnt think Fable 2 was that bad, is cheap now so I dont think itd be a waste spending the money on it. As for Fable 3 RENT IT! Seriously, do not spend your money on it. A serious decrease from Fable 2. The whole earning 6.4 million to save everyone at the end was a HUGE dissapointment for me and completely ruined the game for me. I enjoyed Fable 2 more than 3. As for Fable 4 being kinect only? I will prob never buy another fable game if thats what it turns into, thanks Peter for ruining the franchise.

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy on June 24th 2011, 6:28 pm

Never played 1

Played 2 and felt it was geared toward kids. Colorful orbs, no blood, no swearing, no real gore(y) violence, limited locations, weapons selection wasnt great, graphics were nice, i didnt like tehs tory line but it wasnt bad. I give it a 7 out of 10. It just wasnt my cup of tea but a well put together/thought out game for the younger crowd.

Played 3 - Was darker/more sinister than 2. More weapons, more gore, more choices to make along the way, more money oppertunities, limited locations, (finally added a horde/tourny mode available in DLC), co-op still wasnt right. Over all? A little better than #2 but still not impressed. 7.5/10 Its a quality game, just not what Im lookin for.
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 on June 24th 2011, 6:53 pm

Fable 2 was a little simple compared to most RPGs and definitely geared toward a more tame audience.

But it had its moments. A lot of the spells were really sweet. You could have a completely different world to run around in depending on what you did in the first 10-20 minutes.

I had a lot of fun with 2, but it was the only one I played. Worth the rent or a cheap buy imo.

KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on June 25th 2011, 4:07 am

thanks guys, i will definetly NOT spend the 50 bucks on 3, i have heard nothing but crap about it but its still that high price, this wekend i might get 2 cause its only 16 bucks and check it out, thanks again for input

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on June 25th 2011, 7:25 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:thanks guys, i will definetly NOT spend the 50 bucks on 3, i have heard nothing but crap about it but its still that high price, this wekend i might get 2 cause its only 16 bucks and check it out, thanks again for input
Yeah no problem... I had fable 1 and 2 and played both to death... then i got TES: Morrowind and then Oblivion and soon to be Skyrim and i'll never go back to any POS that Molyneux makes.

I rented Fable 3 and felt like i was ripped off. I completed that shit in 3 days... 3 fucking days. I played Oblivion for around 1000 hours and i still hadnt done some things.

It might be harsh but Renting it isnt even worth it. It may be a bit more sinister but it has virtually nothing of what made the series so popular with Fable 1 outside of Choices.

tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on June 25th 2011, 7:39 am

tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:thanks guys, i will definetly NOT spend the 50 bucks on 3, i have heard nothing but crap about it but its still that high price, this wekend i might get 2 cause its only 16 bucks and check it out, thanks again for input
Yeah no problem... I had fable 1 and 2 and played both to death... then i got TES: Morrowind and then Oblivion and soon to be Skyrim and i'll never go back to any POS that Molyneux makes.

I rented Fable 3 and felt like i was ripped off. I completed that shit in 3 days... 3 fucking days. I played Oblivion for around 1000 hours and i still hadnt done some things.

It might be harsh but Renting it isnt even worth it. It may be a bit more sinister but it has virtually nothing of what made the series so popular with Fable 1 outside of Choices.

thanks again man, you dont know how close i was to shell out the 50 bucks, lol..bottomline is this, if it isnt similar to Fable 1 i dont want to waste my $$$ like i did on Black Ops, i truly feel that COD World at War was and still is a BETTER game, i returned Black Ops a few months ago to Gamespot and continue to play WaW...i guess if Fable 3 drops to less than 20 bucks i will get it but i dont see that happening anytime soon.

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum