» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Skyrim

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyrim

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 12th 2011, 7:24 pm

So does anyone here think this might be the best RPG to come out this year?

If this is suposed to be better than Oblivion, and build off of Fallout 3, wow, I can just imagine...

Who here is getting this? What do you hope they add/build from previous fallout/Elder Scrolls games?

Last edited by Brownsxfanx31 on April 12th 2011, 7:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Use the url of the video, not embedded, and use the insert video feature. Thean make sure you uncheck "Disable BB Code in this post" below. Thanks!- Brownsfan)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Skyrim

Post  AliForeman74 on April 12th 2011, 7:35 pm

It's on my Christmas List Very Happy

numero uno
AliForeman74

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on April 13th 2011, 5:06 am

Best RPG of the Year? psh... Skyrim has that in the bag. its only Competitor is Mass Effect 3. But i think Skyrim will get Game of the Year.

It looks so damn awesome. So many improvements from Oblivion and a brand new engine created just for Skyrim by the guys at Bethesda.

When the game is released the guys at Bethesda Softworks will be one of if not the best Developer in the business.
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 13th 2011, 7:25 am

tubbs51 wrote:Best RPG of the Year? psh... Skyrim has that in the bag. its only Competitor is Mass Effect 3. But i think Skyrim will get Game of the Year.

It looks so damn awesome. So many improvements from Oblivion and a brand new engine created just for Skyrim by the guys at Bethesda.

When the game is released the guys at Bethesda Softworks will be one of if not the best Developer in the business.

Skyrim will get everything, 10 Million buyers, Game of the year, Game of the Decade, best use of Skoom, EVERYTHING
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on April 13th 2011, 3:27 pm

Its Skooma... Best use of Skooma Razz

But yeah its gonna be epic. Theres suposed to be a Skyrim Press event today so watch out for the massive information ball.
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 13th 2011, 3:31 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Its Skooma... Best use of Skooma Razz

But yeah its gonna be epic. Theres suposed to be a Skyrim Press event today so watch out for the massive information ball.

oh yeah Embarassed
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 13th 2011, 4:41 pm

I think Skyrim and ME 3 will be in a deadlock, with Skyrim just inching by. Fallout 3 was awesome in itself, if Skyrim is supposed to build off and be better than Fallout 3, than it will be epic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 13th 2011, 5:26 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I think Skyrim and ME 3 will be in a deadlock, with Skyrim just inching by. Fallout 3 was awesome in itself, if Skyrim is supposed to build off and be better than Fallout 3, than it will be epic.

I personally doubt that, Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all-time, and I'm still playing it after 2 yrs since getting it.
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on April 13th 2011, 6:13 pm

Not only could it be the best of the year,it may end up being the best ever.Can't wait.
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on April 13th 2011, 6:27 pm

ccdog wrote:Not only could it be the best of the year,it may end up being the best ever.Can't wait.

Thats pushing it Razz It'd have to beat the old version of Goldeneye and Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

thats a tough competition. Goldeneye pretty much created what Multiplayer FPS are on consoles today.

And Zelda is the best adventure game ever easily.

But yeah Skyrim will be leaps and bounds better than Fallout 3. The engine used for F3 was a very outdated engine when they used it back then. They were actually working on an engine back then but werent satisfied with it until Skyrim.

I mean look at the water in the Screenshots of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. In skyrim the water is moving and actually has currents where as the water in Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Oblivion the watter is just still with some minor little waves for looks.

Gamebryo was a very old engine and thankfully Bethesda realized it and created a whole new engine. It'll be the best looking game on Xbox 360 ever.
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on April 13th 2011, 7:04 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
ccdog wrote:Not only could it be the best of the year,it may end up being the best ever.Can't wait.

Thats pushing it Razz It'd have to beat the old version of Goldeneye and Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

thats a tough competition. Goldeneye pretty much created what Multiplayer FPS are on consoles today.

And Zelda is the best adventure game ever easily.

But yeah Skyrim will be leaps and bounds better than Fallout 3. The engine used for F3 was a very outdated engine when they used it back then. They were actually working on an engine back then but werent satisfied with it until Skyrim.

I mean look at the water in the Screenshots of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. In skyrim the water is moving and actually has currents where as the water in Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Oblivion the watter is just still with some minor little waves for looks.

Gamebryo was a very old engine and thankfully Bethesda realized it and created a whole new engine. It'll be the best looking game on Xbox 360 ever.
I meant in terms of RPGs.I shoulda clarified that
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on April 13th 2011, 7:14 pm

yeah lol. it should be the best RPG of all time.

it looks gorgeous
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 13th 2011, 9:11 pm

tubbs51 wrote:yeah lol. it should be the best RPG of all time.

it looks gorgeous

yes it does, but graphics isn't everything
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 13th 2011, 9:29 pm

AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I think Skyrim and ME 3 will be in a deadlock, with Skyrim just inching by. Fallout 3 was awesome in itself, if Skyrim is supposed to build off and be better than Fallout 3, than it will be epic.

I personally doubt that, Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all-time, and I'm still playing it after 2 yrs since getting it.

I got it a few months ago, and found I missed out on a very very very great game. It took me awhile before I actually took a break from playing. Usually I dont like wearing out a particular game and beating it soon after getting it, so I figured Id give it a rest for a day or two.

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 14th 2011, 3:08 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

I got it a few months ago, and found I missed out on a very very very great game. It took me awhile before I actually took a break from playing. Usually I dont like wearing out a particular game and beating it soon after getting it, so I figured Id give it a rest for a day or two.

What level are you, and what kind of weapons do you prefer?
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on April 14th 2011, 5:32 pm

AliForeman74 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:yeah lol. it should be the best RPG of all time.

it looks gorgeous

yes it does, but graphics isn't everything

I know which is why i'm happy they fixed the combat system and made it easier to wield a spell and a sword.

And whats cool is when you cast a fireball at the ground it doesnt disappear but instead causes a fiery explosion lighting your enemies on fire that are in range...

They also added crafting... like cooking, blacksmithing, lumbercutting, etc etc...

Last edited by tubbs51 on April 14th 2011, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add the YT vid :D)
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 14th 2011, 5:55 pm

AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

If I recall Im around level 13 or 14. I prefer mainly rifles. The Gaus rifle is amazing imo. Ive kind of taken the strategy of sneaking with a scoped rifle and trying to take of enemies from a distance. Or atleast Im trying to. My least favorite mission so far had tyo have been the "Those!" mission. Those ants were a pain.

How about you?

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 14th 2011, 6:39 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

If I recall Im around level 13 or 14. I prefer mainly rifles. The Gaus rifle is amazing imo. Ive kind of taken the strategy of sneaking with a scoped rifle and trying to take of enemies from a distance. Or atleast Im trying to. My least favorite mission so far had tyo have been the "Those!" mission. Those ants were a pain.

How about you?

I'm level 26, on my 4th play-through of the game, and I like Energy Weapons, specifically the Laser-based weapons as I love turning people and creatures of all-time kind into ash Twisted Evil I also wear the Enclave Tesla Armor cuz I think it looks completely badass with a Gatling Laser or Mini-Gun....but that's just me Cool
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 15th 2011, 4:27 pm

AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

How about you?

I'm level 26, on my 4th play-through of the game, and I like Energy Weapons, specifically the Laser-based weapons as I love turning people and creatures of all-time kind into ash Twisted Evil I also wear the Enclave Tesla Armor cuz I think it looks completely badass with a Gatling Laser or Mini-Gun....but that's just me Cool

Yeah, Im more of a rough and tumble guy with the cowboy trousers/coat and hat, and my crouch and sneak methods w/ scoped rifles. Also when Im in the sewers/railways, I like to carry my shotgun and blow Ghouls heads off Smile

Its funny, I encountered my first Deathclaw yesterday, needless to say I never stood a chance... Crying or Very sad

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 15th 2011, 7:17 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

How about you?

Yeah, Im more of a rough and tumble guy with the cowboy trousers/coat and hat, and my crouch and sneak methods w/ scoped rifles. Also when Im in the sewers/railways, I like to carry my shotgun and blow Ghouls heads off Smile

Its funny, I encountered my first Deathclaw yesterday, needless to say I never stood a chance... Crying or Very sad

Ouch, yea I remember my first Deathclaw encounter, or should I say Deathclaws, at the Olney place, man I was doing good almost killed one when another attacked me from behind, I got wasted in a couple of seconds as I tried to run away Mad
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 16th 2011, 9:33 am

AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

How about you?

Ouch, yea I remember my first Deathclaw encounter, or should I say Deathclaws, at the Olney place, man I was doing good almost killed one when another attacked me from behind, I got wasted in a couple of seconds as I tried to run away Mad

I dont know if thats where I encountered them or not. I looked on my map and saw a giant box ( a town/city) far north above the Temple of the Union, so I went up there to explore. I tried to sneak in without them noticing me, but one came out of nowehere and started attacking me.

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on April 16th 2011, 9:40 am

GOTY?

I dunno about that but I do know I will be poor come that time of year. Skyrim, Gears 3, Battlefield 3, ME3, etc.
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 on April 16th 2011, 12:11 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
AliForeman74 wrote:

How about you?

I dont know if thats where I encountered them or not. I looked on my map and saw a giant box ( a town/city) far north above the Temple of the Union, so I went up there to explore. I tried to sneak in without them noticing me, but one came out of nowehere and started attacking me.

yep, that's the old Olney, It's north of The Temple of the Union, west of the Republic of Dave, and East of the Oasis
AliForeman74

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on April 18th 2011, 5:09 pm

Just read this on IGNS website, it sounds even more awesome

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1162328p1.html

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on April 22nd 2011, 4:19 am

Yeah it looks and sounds amazing! i cant fucking wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum