Latest topics
» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

Justin Smith/HOF?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  Willbacker on May 18th 2015, 6:13 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000493140/article/niners-defensive-tackle-justin-smith-to-retire

Justin Smith announced his retirement today. Tho he might not have gaddy stats he did a lot of the grunt work that allowed other players to get stats by pushing OLinemen back into the QB or just by plugging up a hole and he was one of the best at it. He had a 14 yr career piling up 87 sacks,17 forced fumbles and was a 3x All Pro with SF from 2011-2013. Probally didn't get the credit he desrved with the Bengals tho or with 49ers when the "great"Mike Singltary was HC or he would've been ALL-Pro more times imo.

Since we did a Polamalu one I figgered we could do one for Smith and I think he should go to the hall. Maybe not on 1st ballot but dammit he should getin. Don't hate on him just cuz he played on bad teams and didn't get the recognition he deserved until he played on SB caliber teams.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on May 18th 2015, 6:26 pm

no, hall of very good

If I have to think about you, it means you're probably not good enough
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  Willbacker on May 19th 2015, 4:30 pm

I can think of some 4-3 DTs in the hall(Alan Page,Randy White and Mean Joe) but I can't think of any pure 3-4 ends or even NTs in the hall. I just believe that since they don't get prettyboy stats they getting jipped. Smith is the only player I can think of that was voted All-Pro in one year at 2 diffrent positions. 1st team DE and 2nd team DT in 2011. He just wasn't getting his dues until he was playing on a winner. I remember him causing a shitload of havoc against the Ravens in the mid 2000's constantly. A one man gang.

It's a shame tho cuz you're probally right and he won't get into the hall.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on May 19th 2015, 5:20 pm

He is in the hall of very good. You have to be a certain type of player to go into the hall, I think we're seeing a lax in hall requirements. Reggie Wayne is probably getting in, Marvin Harrison is probably getting in, a few other guys who may get in based off statistics rather than their real ability or "fame"

I think terrel davis should get in but for a lot of guys, they have to think.

Justin Smith is a great player but he didn't have any real tangible things to say, "oh yea, measure his jacket, he's going in"
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on May 19th 2015, 7:04 pm

if Joe Klecko is not in the HOF, justin Smith shouldnt even be considered...Joe Klecko voted All Pro at EVERY position on the D Line

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangeblogfb/Joe-Klecko-Takes-Aim-at-Hall-of-Fame-Again/5aa49d39-c404-4bf8-a618-d4fe0c55b256

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Posts : 3197
Street Cred : 95
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  Willbacker on May 19th 2015, 9:27 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:if Joe Klecko is not in the HOF, justin Smith shouldnt even be considered...Joe Klecko voted All Pro at EVERY position on the D Line

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangeblogfb/Joe-Klecko-Takes-Aim-at-Hall-of-Fame-Again/5aa49d39-c404-4bf8-a618-d4fe0c55b256

Klecko will probally be admitted since its under the veterans admission which it seems like they always get in but Klecko no way better than Smith. Klecko was actually voted ProBowl not All Pro at 3 diffrent positions(had to look this up lol). The way I see it if Klecko gets in Smith better be a lock.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on May 19th 2015, 10:41 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:if Joe Klecko is not in the HOF, justin Smith shouldnt even be considered...Joe Klecko voted All Pro at EVERY position on the D Line

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangeblogfb/Joe-Klecko-Takes-Aim-at-Hall-of-Fame-Again/5aa49d39-c404-4bf8-a618-d4fe0c55b256

Klecko will probally be admitted since its under the veterans admission which it seems like they always get in but Klecko no way better than Smith. Klecko was actually voted ProBowl not All Pro at 3 diffrent positions(had to look this up lol). The way I see it if Klecko gets in Smith better be a lock.

Klecko was a 4 time Pro Bowler and 2 Time 1st Team All Pro..

he also played for 5 seasons BEFORE they counted Sacks as stats which included his 21 Sack 1981 campaign..he was a MONSTER

Smith was good but he was never Joe Klecko good..never recorded more than 8.5 sacks in a season.

its a shame that most defensive stats werent recorded until after 1981 because its hard to judge players when looking at a stat sheet and not seeing one of them actually play..i have watched them both

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Posts : 3197
Street Cred : 95
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 19th 2015, 11:17 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:no, hall of very good

If I have to think about you, it means you're probably not good enough

Ya I'm in this boat. He was a great D-Lineman for years but I don't know if he was ever the most dominant or one that I would consider to be a Hall of Famer

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
HurpDurpHurray

Posts : 6821
Street Cred : 241
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  Willbacker on May 20th 2015, 4:40 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:if Joe Klecko is not in the HOF, justin Smith shouldnt even be considered...Joe Klecko voted All Pro at EVERY position on the D Line

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangeblogfb/Joe-Klecko-Takes-Aim-at-Hall-of-Fame-Again/5aa49d39-c404-4bf8-a618-d4fe0c55b256

Klecko will probally be admitted since its under the veterans admission which it seems like they always get in but Klecko no way better than Smith. Klecko was actually voted ProBowl not All Pro at 3 diffrent positions(had to look this up lol). The way I see it if Klecko gets in Smith better be a lock.

Klecko was a 4 time Pro Bowler and 2 Time 1st Team All Pro..

he also played for 5 seasons BEFORE they counted Sacks as stats which included his 21 Sack 1981 campaign..he was a MONSTER

Smith was good but he was never Joe Klecko good..never recorded more than 8.5 sacks in a season.

its a shame that most defensive stats werent recorded until after 1981 because its hard to judge players when looking at a stat sheet and not seeing one of them actually play..i have watched them both

Smith 17 forced fumbles. Klecko 0.

I remember Klecko. One hell of a player. Blue collar hard nose style but he just never stood out to me really but I didn't really get into football until my cousin took 20$ off me betting me the 9ers were gonna take out the Dolphins in the SB they played. I was like no way Dan the man then I watched Montana dink and dunk all fuckin day and I'm thinking why you can't you stop these 6 yd passes lol. So I don't want to judge Klecko too much.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on May 20th 2015, 11:38 am

Dude, I'm a jets fan, Klecko is a team legend, not an NFL legend. Him and gasteneau were good together but how many super bowls? how many top 5 defenses? They were good but not, "oh, they are walking into the hall"
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Smith/HOF?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum