Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB Yesterday at 2:57 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

The Offseason

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MaddMatter on March 8th 2015, 5:04 pm

So that's a ton of money for Suh.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7547
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 8th 2015, 6:42 pm

MaddMatter wrote:So that's a ton of money for Suh.

it doesn't make sense. they have a nasty defense. like, Suh is good but you need an offense to beat the Pats. Why the fuck eat up space in the cap with a DT when you need maybe 2-3 good WRs and some Oline help?

dolphins being dolphins. I can't fault the Jets getting Marshall, like, we need a WR, year we need CBs and Ss but our WR corp was bad, maybe worst in the league last year.

Bills need a QB...so they trade for McCoy and then extend him with a 5 year deal (logic much?)

Pats dump guys who are old and don't do their job any more.

I'm mad that the AFC east is the Pats every year. Like if the Bills or Dolphins won, I wouldn't be as upset. If the jets won, I'd be amazed. But we have 3 JV teams and a pro team in the AFC east
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on March 8th 2015, 6:51 pm

im glad the Fins are gonna be shelling out almost 20 million a season for Suh, that doesnt leave much for them to sign anybody else lol

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Posts : 3197
Street Cred : 95
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  Willbacker on March 8th 2015, 6:59 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:So that's a ton of money for Suh.

it doesn't make sense. they have a nasty defense. like, Suh is good but you need an offense to beat the Pats. Why the fuck eat up space in the cap with a DT when you need maybe 2-3 good WRs and some Oline help?

dolphins being dolphins. I can't fault the Jets getting Marshall, like, we need a WR, year we need CBs and Ss but our WR corp was bad, maybe worst in the league last year.

Bills need a QB...so they trade for McCoy and then extend him with a 5 year deal (logic much?)

Pats dump guys who are old and don't do their job any more.

I'm mad that the AFC east is the Pats every year. Like if the Bills or Dolphins won, I wouldn't be as upset. If the jets won, I'd be amazed. But we have 3 JV teams and a pro team in the AFC east

I think the Dolphins owner is kinda like Snyder from the Redskins and he just wants to make the big splash. Now is Suh gonna be like Reggie White or shit the house like Hanesworth.

I thought the Eagles may have did kind of a smart move by getting rid of a RB a year earlier than you know by waiting too long and now they go around and sign Gore. Wtf.

Still waiting to see if the Ravens do anything with the contracts of Ngata or Webb. If not then we only searching the scrap heep. Junkyard dog,
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MaddMatter on March 8th 2015, 7:12 pm

Yeah I don't understand it Epic.

Dolphins- "Hey we had a pretty good defense last year, but our offense struggled, so what are we going to do in the off season? Trade for Brandon Marshall? Try to acquire Andre Johnson? Throw an offer at Randall Cobb? Nah fuck it, let's dish out $20 million a year to Suh."

I can kind of understand the Bills and McCoy, Spiller is gone and Jackson is getting old. So they get a RB that has maybe 1 or 2 more good years left in him. They got some good WR's with Watkins, but need someone to throw the ball. But, in their defense the free agent market for QB's sucks. Maybe they try to trade for an Osweiler?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7547
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on March 8th 2015, 8:43 pm

Jets needs..

CB..Revis at 18 mil per season?

WR..B Marshall ..cool

OL..Iupati or Franklin would be nice

HB...Gurley/Gordon 1st round?

Safety ..i hear they are gonna sign the dude from the Chiefs

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Posts : 3197
Street Cred : 95
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 8th 2015, 11:07 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Jets needs..

CB..Revis at 18 mil per season?

WR..B Marshall  ..cool

OL..Iupati or Franklin would be nice

HB...Gurley/Gordon  1st round?

Safety ..i hear they are gonna sign the dude from the Chiefs

I hear cromartie wants to come back to NY, as much as I like Cromartie and Revis together, it isn't 2011. I'd like some younger guys. We don't need to take either RB in the 1st round. Why waste a pick? 2nd round at best. FA linemen rarely bust. Safety? just a guy who can move and read the offense.
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on March 9th 2015, 1:44 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Jets needs..

CB..Revis at 18 mil per season?

WR..B Marshall  ..cool

OL..Iupati or Franklin would be nice

HB...Gurley/Gordon  1st round?

Safety ..i hear they are gonna sign the dude from the Chiefs

I hear cromartie wants to come back to NY, as much as I like Cromartie and Revis together, it isn't 2011. I'd like some younger guys. We don't need to take either RB in the 1st round. Why waste a pick? 2nd round at best. FA linemen rarely bust. Safety? just a guy who can move and read the offense.

EPIC, we NEED a PLAYMAKER at the HB position..the way its shakes out now on Offense is

WR 1 Eric Decker
WR 2 Brandon Marshall
WR 3 Jeremy Kerley

TE Jace amaro

HB Chris ivory

QB Geno

HB Melvin Gordon at 6 looks GREAT!! ....or we trade down and take Gurley somewhere in the 1st

...dont you think we need some threat at HB? .. I LOVE Ivory but he isnt busting off 70 yd gains around the corner...

if we sign Cro and Revis, we are SET!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Posts : 3197
Street Cred : 95
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 9th 2015, 2:51 am

Ok dude, RBs don't get drafted in the 1st round anymore. Why the fuck would you take him at 6 when you can get someone as good in the 2nd or in FA? This is why you can't be a GM
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 9th 2015, 3:02 am

Also, SF entertaining trade offers for Kaep...who the hell are they going to get? I think we might see the fasted transition from Super Bowl contender team to shit bottom team in NFL history.
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  RSoxGuy on March 9th 2015, 9:24 am

Laron (im a roid monkey" Landry suspended for 10 games due to (obvious) PED use. His piss poor career is likely done at this point.

Devin McCourty re-signs w Patriots for 5 yrs, $47.5 mill (28.5 guaranteed)

avatar
RSoxGuy

Posts : 1251
Street Cred : 97
Join date : 2011-04-18
Location : Wooostah MA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  RSoxGuy on March 9th 2015, 9:29 am

Seattle's Byron Maxwell has agreed to a six-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles worth as much as $63 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

So much for the "Legion of Boom". That whole thing last a yr or two before reality kicked in and they realized they have to actually perform on the field as opposed to talking shit like its the fucking WWF
avatar
RSoxGuy

Posts : 1251
Street Cred : 97
Join date : 2011-04-18
Location : Wooostah MA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MaddMatter on March 9th 2015, 10:53 am

Lol watching this sound FX from the Lions-Cowboys game.

Stafford pretty much told the refs they suck dick lmfao

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7547
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 9th 2015, 1:30 pm

willis retiring. bummed out, I liked him
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  Willbacker on March 9th 2015, 7:40 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:willis retiring. bummed out, I liked him

Yeah but he might be playing it smart tho. Get out while you can still walk. That toe injury must be killing him.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  Willbacker on March 9th 2015, 7:46 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:Seattle's Byron Maxwell has agreed to a six-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles worth as much as $63 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

So much for the "Legion of Boom". That whole thing last a yr or two before reality kicked in and they realized they have to actually perform on the field as opposed to talking shit like its the fucking WWF

Yep thats gonna screw up our negotitions with Jimmy next year. 10mil a yr for Byron Maxwell. Sheeesh. Probally played at Oregon too.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  HurpDurpHurray on March 9th 2015, 8:43 pm

Willbacker wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:Seattle's Byron Maxwell has agreed to a six-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles worth as much as $63 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

So much for the "Legion of Boom". That whole thing last a yr or two before reality kicked in and they realized they have to actually perform on the field as opposed to talking shit like its the fucking WWF

Yep thats gonna screw up our negotitions with Jimmy next year. 10mil a yr for Byron Maxwell. Sheeesh. Probally played at Oregon too.

Apparently the Eagles haven't paid much attention to their divisional rivals in Washington and learned to stay away from throwing big money at players just because they have it to use.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
HurpDurpHurray

Posts : 6821
Street Cred : 241
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 10th 2015, 1:18 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:Seattle's Byron Maxwell has agreed to a six-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles worth as much as $63 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

So much for the "Legion of Boom". That whole thing last a yr or two before reality kicked in and they realized they have to actually perform on the field as opposed to talking shit like its the fucking WWF

Yep thats gonna screw up our negotitions with Jimmy next year. 10mil a yr for Byron Maxwell. Sheeesh. Probally played at Oregon too.

Apparently the Eagles haven't paid much attention to their divisional rivals in Washington and learned to stay away from throwing big money at players just because they have it to use.

Chip kelly is going to spend money of defense. He knows he can get away with less on offense because he puts up 28 a game with sanchez at QB, he needs a D that will get TOs and have a good redzone %, it's money ball on the gridiron

His best defenses at Oregon were what the Seahawks were. 4 good Dlinemen with everyone else playing zone coverage
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on March 10th 2015, 5:30 pm

Ok, so...these trades just happened

Eagles get Bradford and Rams get Foles

Lions get Ngata and Ravens get a 4th and 5th round picks

Seahawks get Jimmy Grahm and Saints get a 1st round and the center Max Unger


....uh...ok the eagle and rams also swap 1st round picks which means the eagles jump from 20th to 10th, a tad easier to jump into the top 5 to try and get mariota
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MaddMatter on March 10th 2015, 5:58 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Ok, so...these trades just happened

Eagles get Bradford and Rams get Foles

Lions get Ngata and Ravens get a 4th and 5th round picks

Seahawks get Jimmy Grahm and Saints get a 1st round and the center Max Unger


....uh...ok the eagle and rams also swap 1st round picks which means the eagles jump from 20th to 10th, a tad easier to jump into the top 5 to try and get mariota
Yeah that was a crazy way to start free agency.

I was talking about getting Ngata weeks ago, although, I figured he would have been cut, now we gave up a 4th and 5th round pick Sad. At least it's better than having no DT's at all

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7547
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  HurpDurpHurray on March 10th 2015, 7:00 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Ok, so...these trades just happened

Eagles get Bradford and Rams get Foles

Lions get Ngata and Ravens get a 4th and 5th round picks

Seahawks get Jimmy Grahm and Saints get a 1st round and the center Max Unger


....uh...ok the eagle and rams also swap 1st round picks which means the eagles jump from 20th to 10th, a tad easier to jump into the top 5 to try and get mariota

The Eagles swapped picks too?! Eagles got a steal if Bradford stays healthy. That's a big if though.

But anyways... BENGALS SIGNED SOMEONE DAY ONE! WOW! AND A GOOD PLAYER TOO! UNBELIEVABLE!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
HurpDurpHurray

Posts : 6821
Street Cred : 241
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on March 10th 2015, 8:15 pm

I feel like the NFL has just exploded after 4pm. I get online a fe minutes ago to see tons of crazy moves and signings and was like Shocked Then saw the Ngata trade and was like Cool. Then saw that the Ravens now have cap room and was like cheers

Its been one crazy NFL offseason so far...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
avatar
BaltRavensFan20

Posts : 2261
Street Cred : 49
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 27
Location : Conway, South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  Willbacker on March 10th 2015, 8:47 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Yeah that was a crazy way to start free agency.

I was talking about getting Ngata weeks ago, although, I figured he would have been cut, now we gave up a 4th and 5th round pick Sad. At least it's better than having no DT's at all

You also got a 7th. Haloti is a beast. You'll see first hand but good luck signing him in the offseason. Also make sure to hide your chickens. He likes them deepfried.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I feel like the NFL has just exploded after 4pm. I get online a fe minutes ago to see tons of crazy moves and signings and was like Shocked Then saw the Ngata trade and was like Cool. Then saw that the Ravens now have cap room and was like cheers

Its been one crazy NFL offseason so far...

Very Happy cap room!! Now to do something about Webb's contract and hopefully extend Yanda.

avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MaddMatter on March 10th 2015, 9:34 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
Yeah that was a crazy way to start free agency.

I was talking about getting Ngata weeks ago, although, I figured he would have been cut, now we gave up a 4th and 5th round pick Sad. At least it's better than having no DT's at all

You also got a 7th. Haloti is a beast. You'll see first hand but good luck signing him in the offseason. Also make sure to hide your chickens. He likes them deepfried.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I feel like the NFL has just exploded after 4pm. I get online a fe minutes ago to see tons of crazy moves and signings and was like Shocked Then saw the Ngata trade and was like Cool. Then saw that the Ravens now have cap room and was like cheers

Its been one crazy NFL offseason so far...

Very Happy  cap room!! Now to do something about Webb's contract and hopefully extend Yanda.

Ngata is no Suh, but I don't mind the "small" cap hit compared to what Suhs what have been. Ngata is still a beast though. I'd say still top 5. Drop off from Suh? Yes. But not nearly as big as it could have been.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7547
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on March 10th 2015, 10:27 pm

Jets sign Revis!!!!

new GM Mcags walkin out his office like ..




...Belecheat is in the toilet, HC Todd Bowles in the tub Smile


__________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Posts : 3197
Street Cred : 95
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Offseason

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum