Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

CFP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CFP

Post  Willbacker on December 7th 2014, 10:18 am

Lol looks like there's another big debate on who the final 4 is going to be. Imo it won't be right until there's a final 8. 5 champs with 3 wildcards.

My final 4. 1 Alabama. 2 Oregon. 3 Fla St. 4 Ohio St. The Big 12 commish f'd up their chances with this co-champ bullshit.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on December 7th 2014, 10:23 am

7 teams, give the top team a bye week, 6 teams becomes 3 after the 1st round, and you get a +1. That's what I'd prefer but the 4 teams to me is just fine.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU
5. Baylor
6. TCU

I feel bad for the big12 but don't try and fuck the system with "co-champions" when you all played each other.
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  Willbacker on December 7th 2014, 10:41 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:7 teams, give the top team a bye week, 6 teams becomes 3 after the 1st round, and you get a +1. That's what I'd prefer but the 4 teams to me is just fine.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU
5. Baylor
6. TCU

I feel bad for the big12 but don't try and fuck the system with "co-champions" when you all played each other.

I like the 7 team idea but if you go with 8 perhaps go with the champ from one of the divisions from outside the big 5 and have them face the #1.
avatar
Willbacker

Posts : 659
Street Cred : 30
Join date : 2013-11-18
Location : Blue crab country Md

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on December 7th 2014, 11:35 am

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:7 teams, give the top team a bye week, 6 teams becomes 3 after the 1st round, and you get a +1. That's what I'd prefer but the 4 teams to me is just fine.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU
5. Baylor
6. TCU

I feel bad for the big12 but don't try and fuck the system with "co-champions" when you all played each other.

I like the 7 team idea but if you go with 8 perhaps go with the champ from one of the divisions from outside the big 5 and have them face the #1.

Eh, we saw what they think of teams like Boise and Marshall. It be pointless because they're like, "they suck. Shut up"

Now if you had a team like boise state who won like 5-6 years of 10+ wins a year but like blowing everyone out, they may sneak them in but 5 big conference champs + 2 teams that are boarderline.

I think we should wait a couple years though. Give this 4 team thing a shot for 5-6 years because it will iron everything out
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  MaddMatter on December 7th 2014, 6:30 pm

I'd be pissed as fuck if I were TCU, how do you go from being ranked #4 to ranked 5 or 6 after winning and scoring 55 points?

It won't be perfect until there is 8 teams. 5 Power Conference Champs, 3 at Large with the #8 seed guaranteed to go to the highest ranked non power conference team.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7556
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on December 7th 2014, 6:38 pm

MaddMatter wrote:I'd be pissed as fuck if I were TCU, how do you go from being ranked #4 to ranked 5 or 6 after winning and scoring 55 points?

It won't be perfect until there is 8 teams. 5 Power Conference Champs, 3 at Large with the #8 seed guaranteed to go to the highest ranked non power conference team.

nah, again, i think 8 is too much (even with 120+ teams).

I mean I get the committee's thinking on this

OSU's 1 loss was with a freshmen qb's 1st real defense. Let's be honest. Va Tech's Bud Foster coach defense is good. Va Tech's offense is shit and why they only won 5 or 6 games. After that game, they basically rolled everyone.

TCU and Baylor basically knocked each other off. TCU gave up a 21 point 4th quarter lead and Baylor had a bad loss against WVU. While both schools have legitimate issues, I think the committee was just like, "you know what, we can't have 1 without the other...OSU is getting in"
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on December 8th 2014, 11:48 am

These are some weird match ups.

OSU with Urban who was 1-1 against saban in SEC championship games against Bama who is a physically dominant team
Oregon who have been blowing people out all year against FSU who have been surviving all year

I think Bama - Oregon championship. A bit of going with chalk but I don't think FSU has a chance against oregon because their defense is better than their stats suggest and their offense is ridiculous.

Only team I see pulling an upset in OSU because Urban's offense is tricky and Saban's defense this year has been shit against spread teams.
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  MaddMatter on December 8th 2014, 3:16 pm

8 teams isn't to much. It's also the fairest way to go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7556
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on December 8th 2014, 4:46 pm

MaddMatter wrote:8 teams isn't to much. It's also the fairest way to go.

Well what is the biggest issue or trend we see in the NFL, a wild card team with 8-10 wins and is a 5 or 6 seed winning the super bowl over a high seed (Giants pats)

With 4 teams, we get the best teams in the nation. It should be difficult to pick the top 4. These 4 teams don't have bad resumes. Are TCU and Baylor getting screwed over? Yes and they should feel bummed but you know, we don't have to have teams 7 and 8 in the discussion.

I'd give this 4 team thing another few years and if we do expand, go to 7. give the #1 seed a bye and have 2 through 7 battle it out. 5 conference winners + 2 wild cards
avatar
EPICxPENGUIN69

Posts : 7512
Street Cred : 195
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  MaddMatter on December 8th 2014, 7:41 pm

Either way 4 is not enough, we all knew that going in.

Like I said

You need at least the conference winner from each Power Five and either 1 or 2 Wild cards, with one of the last seeds going to the highest ranked non-power five conference team.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7556
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  Pintsizedjark on December 9th 2014, 12:19 pm

TCU should never have even been in the conversation as long as Baylor had one loss. If you can't trust head-to-head then what can you trust?

It's interesting. I think if Baylor had been given the #4 spot in last week's rankings instead of TCU then right now Baylor would be in and OSU wouldn't be. And given that Baylor randomly jumped TCU going into this week's rankings, I wouldn't be surprised if the committee had something planned all along so that some team (in this case, OSU) could jump to #4 in the rankings.

either way, as long as Alabama loses then we're good

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....


Pintsizedjark

Posts : 918
Street Cred : 51
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  MaddMatter on December 9th 2014, 1:25 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:TCU should never have even been in the conversation as long as Baylor had one loss. If you can't trust head-to-head then what can you trust?

It's interesting. I think if Baylor had been given the #4 spot in last week's rankings instead of TCU then right now Baylor would be in and OSU wouldn't be. And given that Baylor randomly jumped TCU going into this week's rankings, I wouldn't be surprised if the committee had something planned all along so that some team (in this case, OSU) could jump to #4 in the rankings.

either way, as long as Alabama loses then we're good

The thing was, TCU did nothing to lose their #3 spot and they did.

Their only loss was to Baylor @ Baylor, and the had a 21 point 4th quarter lead. The fact they got jumped by a team in a weaker conference (Yes B1G is a weaker conference) with a team on it's 3rd QB, is a joke.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7556
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  Pintsizedjark on December 9th 2014, 2:12 pm

yeah I agree, given the circumstances we had going into the week (TCU being in the top 4), it's hard to justify dropping them out after winning 59-3 .... but given the fact that I believe they didn't belong there anyway, I'm not as upset as I would be otherwise

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....


Pintsizedjark

Posts : 918
Street Cred : 51
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: CFP

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum