» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

(Overreaction to) Preseason is HERE!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Overreaction to) Preseason is HERE!!

Post  MaddMatter on August 17th 2014, 11:32 am

Stafford preseason totals:

11-14 with 2 drops by Reggie Bush
106 yards
2 TD's
0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks

All without Megatron.

Can you say, All Pro, Super Bowl MVP?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 17th 2014, 1:05 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Stafford preseason totals:

106 yards
2 TD's
0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks

All without Megatron.

....preseason?
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker on August 17th 2014, 2:27 pm

Mixed results in the Ravens/Cowboys game. Flacco started lighting it up midway thru the 2nd qtr throwing a sweet TD pass to Torrey but also had a slow start at the beginning even tho the offense didn't get the ball until there was 3 minutes left to go in the 1st(Def TD and SpecTeams TD gave us lead). Romo took it down the field on our D on the 2nd drive throwing a TD to Bryant but we had our 4th and 5th(who was defending Mamaslappa at the time) corners on the field with injuries to Jimmy,Webb and Jackson our top 3 but still we need some depth. I wouldn't mind trading one of our WRs(Thompson,Brown,Campanaro or Aiken who all have looked pretty good) for CB with potential. The Oz has gotta do something.

Bottomline is we had a 27-10 lead at half which is great but our fringe players looked like crap.
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on August 17th 2014, 3:01 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

106 yards
2 TD's
0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks

All without Megatron.

....preseason?

I felt like I should contribute to the overreacting of preseason play.

All I know is we have 3 weeks until we see real football.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 17th 2014, 8:24 pm

106 yards
2 TD's
0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks

All without Megatron.

Andy Dalton preseason totals:

11-13
215 yards
1 TD
0 INTs
0 Fumbles

All while being a ginger

Can you say, All Pro, Super Bowl MVP, HALL OF FAMER?!

HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on August 17th 2014, 8:38 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

106 yards
2 TD's
0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks

All without Megatron.

11-13
215 yards
1 TD
0 INTs
0 Fumbles

All while being a ginger

To bad Gingers aren't allowed in the Hall of Fame, why do you think Thadden gets denied access every time he tries to visit.

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 17th 2014, 9:15 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

106 yards
2 TD's
0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks

All without Megatron.

11-13
215 yards
1 TD
0 INTs
0 Fumbles

All while being a ginger

To bad Gingers aren't allowed in the Hall of Fame, why do you think Thadden gets denied access every time he tries to visit.

Oh but Matt he said he's not a ginger  Cool 

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 17th 2014, 10:18 pm

Watching the Panthers game. I love the leadership from Thomas Davis. One of the Panthers corners was getting in Dwayne Bowe's face after making a play. So Davis pulls him over and gets in his face so he doesn't get a penalty. Great team leadership

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 17th 2014, 10:23 pm

And aww Cam Newton gave a ball to a kid. What a cutie

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 18th 2014, 12:19 am

So we have johnny manziel playing with the 1s tomorrow

49ers offense looked shitty

the vikings have a real weird situation at QB because cassel looks good but bridgewater is doing ok (and future)

jets appear to remain with geno (good choice) and chris johnson looks good

raiders will probably sit carr until schaub really starts stinking it up

Cowboys, giants, and redskins look like shit. eagles will go back to back winning the divison
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on August 18th 2014, 1:11 am

my take so far on the Jets is this..

Geno looks better than last season
CJ2K still has a burst
WR Stephen Hill sucks ass
TE Jace Amaro looks "ok"
our DLine doesnt look as stout as advertised
our OLine is gonna get one of our QBs killed
WR Greg Salas is very impressive
SS Calvin "The Louisville Slugger" Pryor is gonna be a Pro bowler many times over
Quinton Coples is "The Invisible Man"

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 18th 2014, 1:17 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:my take so far on the Jets is this..

Geno looks better than last season - pretty much
CJ2K still has a burst - expected
WR Stephen Hill sucks ass - eh, I think he is ok, it's just he isn't being used right. He is big and tall. Quit this crossing route BS
TE Jace Amaro looks "ok" - haven't seen much of him, just know he has struggled with the playbook
our DLine doesnt look as stout as advertised - chalk it up to preseason and they don't care
our OLine is gonna get one of our QBs killed - it's been like that for a while
WR Greg Salas is very impressive - he's meh, a good #3
SS Calvin "The Louisville Slugger" Pryor is gonna be a Pro bowler many times over - I need him healthy and alert
Quinton Coples is "The Invisible Man" - another bust
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 18th 2014, 8:37 pm

I'm ready for the Manziel circlejerk

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 18th 2014, 8:40 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:I'm ready for the Manziel circlejerk

yup. Let the chaos begin
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker on August 18th 2014, 9:05 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

yup. Let the chaos begin

They're saying this preseason game could break records.
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 19th 2014, 8:38 pm

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

yup. Let the chaos begin

It's actually amazing when you think about how much love NFL preseason gets compared to other league's preseasons. Anyone packing in to watching preseason NBA? You gonna get 20,000 down in Florida or Arizona for Grapefruit or Cactus League action? You gonna see fans packing in to watch NHL in September (maybe in Toronto). But NFL can do full nationally televised broadcasts with the ENTIRE Monday Night Football crew for a preseason game between the Browns and the Redskins. As much as I want NFL football in Toronto, I know the attendance for regular season Argonaut games. It isn't that great. We got a ways to go before we can fill a stadium for NFL preseason up north.

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 19th 2014, 9:03 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

yup. Let the chaos begin

It's actually amazing when you think about how much love NFL preseason gets compared to other league's preseasons. Anyone packing in to watching preseason NBA? You gonna get 20,000 down in Florida or Arizona for Grapefruit or Cactus League action? You gonna see fans packing in to watch NHL in September (maybe in Toronto). But NFL can do full nationally televised broadcasts with the ENTIRE Monday Night Football crew for a preseason game between the Browns and the Redskins. As much as I want NFL football in Toronto, I know the attendance for regular season Argonaut games. It isn't that great. We got a ways to go before we can fill a stadium for NFL preseason up north.

If the NFL went international. Mexico City would be a good spot.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on August 20th 2014, 5:41 am

it's because people can't stand the hiatus in sports...the past few months are dreadful EVERY YEAR when it's just baseball (except for a few tennis grand slams and the occasional world cup) ... I can't stand it.... so at this point I'll take any football I can get

in other news

finally starting to lose hope in RG3... based on his rookie year I couldn't write him off for his sophomore campaign just because the injury clearly affected him (even though I do think he gets criticized a little too much for 2013, his numbers weren't even bad, but they also weren't great) --- but watching him against the browns I was excited at first because we all saw him actually go through his progressions on several plays and then pass to an open man for x number of yards...it was actually great to see ... but then came the hits, that one of him running down the left sideline and getting hit by three different Browns is just horrible to watch

as smart as I think he is I don't think he'll ever be able to control himself on the field, he says all the right things in the press conferences and what not and he gives you hope that he'll learn but then he just doesn't follow through with ACTUALLY protecting himself...so I'm losing hope big time

however if he manages to not get hurt this year then the redskins could win the NFC East no problem (yeah not much of a feat, I know) ...the offense will be amazing and I think the defense is slightly underrated (obviously it's still bad but if experts rank it at 29th and I think it's actually more like 17th then it's underrated, right?)...it looks like the pass rush is finally coming together...it'll all hinge on how Amerson and Clark do

everything I wrote probably looks like a giant run-on sentence but I'm tired as fuck and I don't feel like writing as coherently as possible

MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 20th 2014, 2:25 pm

I think RG3 is going through the same stuff McNabb went through. He'll be alright. Be patient, he has the talent, he has the coaching, he has some decent weapons, see how the season goes.

Statistically speaking, the 3rd year for a QB is the "deciding year", where they make that jump in yards, td/int ration, completion %, and rating
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on August 20th 2014, 2:52 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:I think RG3 is going through the same stuff McNabb went through. He'll be alright. Be patient, he has the talent, he has the coaching, he has some decent weapons, see how the season goes.

Statistically speaking, the 3rd year for a QB is the "deciding year", where they make that jump in yards, td/int ration, completion %, and rating

I want to agree haha, anything close to the numbers of his rookie year would be outstanding imo (excluding rushing totals, any of that is just a bonus)

i'm just afraid of the hits, I cringe every time.

one thing that has always bugged me though is when people say "RGKNEE is injury prone, won't last 16 games!!!!!" when in reality, who has missed more games due to injury in the past two seasons, RG3 or Aaron Rodgers? I don't hear anyone crying injury prone for him. I know you can say that RG3 arguably shouldn't have played any of last season...but those kids crying injury prone aren't considering that anyway

ESPN showed a list of "quarterbacks who took the most hits while running/passing in 2013), it was like:

1. cam newton - 330
2. rg3 - 210
3. wilson - 202
4. andrew luck - 192

yo but rg3 takes too many hits while wilson and luck are the future.....? makes no sense to me ... mark schlereth was showing this chart on espn while saying RG3 takes too many hits but wilson protects himself well...stop dude, they're practically even.

MaddMatt wrote:I mean, you play to win the game, not to protect anyone's feelings. If you get blown out, it's no ones fault but your own.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Yet women say us men are idiots and can't be trusted? Yeah, look in the mirror....

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 20th 2014, 3:01 pm

not ever hit is equal.

RG3 when he gets hit, he is 1. very lanky kind of guy, 2. usually running tall and stuff 3. awkward positions
Wilson is usually protecting him self more, also a bit more stout in build. Smaller but thicker
Cam is just a freak. I think, he can survive the hits because of his size, muscle build, bones

rodgers is a curious case because like RG3 he finds himself in weird spots like when he broke his collarbone. He was up right, trying to stay on his feet, landed on the shoulder
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on August 20th 2014, 5:39 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:not ever hit is equal.

RG3 when he gets hit, he is 1. very lanky kind of guy, 2. usually running tall and stuff 3. awkward positions
Wilson is usually protecting him self more, also a bit more stout in build. Smaller but thicker
Cam is just a freak. I think, he can survive the hits because of his size, muscle build, bones

rodgers is a curious case because like RG3 he finds himself in weird spots like when he broke his collarbone. He was up right, trying to stay on his feet, landed on the shoulder

I know cam and kaep are different

my issue with wilson is hat ESPN praises him for his decision making, when to slide and when to get out bounds...the analysts don't usually discuss his style of running or anything, they simply say he's when to slide/get out bounds and therefore takes fewer hits

they're all invalidated by those numbers I listed. if they would argue that wilson is a smarter runner whose taken hits are less damaging then they'd be right, but that's not what they say

that's what gets me

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker on August 20th 2014, 6:30 pm

With RG3 being so fast maybe he doesn't have time to slide.lol. but with this being preseason there's absolutely no sense he's taking the shots that he did in that Browns game.

In other news Brian Hoyer was named starting QB. Looks like my prediction of no rookie starters starting out the season just may come true. When was the last time that happened.

Also this preseason 5x the amount of defensive calls have been called and 7x the amount of illegal contact. Can this really continue during regular season? Hell I thought they was trying to streamline the games but yet this will definitely lengthen the games imo + I think those penalties are pretty cheapass. Was somebody actually complaining about these penalties or is the NFL just upset that their golden boy again could not win the big one. DEFENSE RULES!!!
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on August 20th 2014, 7:10 pm

Willbacker wrote:With RG3 being so fast maybe he doesn't have time to slide.lol. but with this being preseason there's absolutely no sense he's taking the shots that he did in that Browns game.

In other news Brian Hoyer was named starting QB. Looks like my prediction of no rookie starters starting out the season just may come true. When was the last time that happened.

Also this preseason 5x the amount of defensive calls have been called and 7x the amount of illegal contact. Can this really continue during regular season? Hell I thought they was trying to streamline the games but yet this will definitely lengthen the games imo + I think those penalties are pretty cheapass. Was somebody actually complaining about these penalties or is the NFL just upset that their golden boy again could not win the big one. DEFENSE RULES!!!

It's funny because everyone was like, "oh my god, now seattle's defense is effecting rules" but seattle has been running bump and zone where you hit the guys off the line but drop back into your field of coverage.

if anything, the rule changes helps teams like seattle and hurts teams like the jets
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark on August 20th 2014, 7:29 pm

the penalties are ruining the games; this better not happen during the regular season

in the few games I've watched, there have been penalties on four consecutive plays on more than one occasion...it's ruining the game for me as a spectator

the nfl keeps saying penalties like defensive holding and illegal contact in the secondary are the focal points of this season...but shouldn't every penalty/rule be a focal point? seems gay to me

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum