» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NBA Finals

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NBA Finals

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 14th 2014, 7:31 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:four straight finals (with two titles) is impressive no matter how you try to spin it

It is, not trying to say it isn't but you look at how the team was constructed, coached, and plays. It is a successful formula? I don't think it is.

Granted, you have the best player in the world with lebron, but the way they play is almost how the Rays and Athletics play in the MLB. Unorthodox and by the stats. Chris Bosh just hands out at the 3pt line all game. Lebron is the only post presence.

If you look at the recent dynasties, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls respectively. good coaches, excellent run offense, hard nose defense, with a solid post presence. The heat don't have any of that. They don't really run plays, they are finesse on defense, and they don't have a big guy.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  S on June 15th 2014, 12:50 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:Heat probably would have been swept if Parker and Duncan hadn't missed those 4 free throws at the end of game 2. Crazy how this series is going.

now if you take these two series and encompuss the heats 4 championship appearences, is it impressive?

Lost to dallas 4-2
beat thunder 4-1
beat spurs 4-3
lost to spurs 4-1 or 4-2 (being realistic)

Is it worth it? is it impressive what they did? losing to a dallas team with aging stars in their 1st year as team built this way. beating a thunder team that was relatively young and in experienced but had KD and westbrook. stole 2 games in 6 and 7 to finish that series and lost to the same team because they couldn't stop their offense.
Besides going 4-0 in the finals they really couldn't have done any better. Its impressive, we all kind of expected it to happen. They have 3 of the top players in the league all on the same team.

Whats going on right now though isn't impressive at all. The heat look like the Lebron Cavaliers. He's literally doing everything himself. Dwade was what? 2-12 last game. Thats fuckin horrible. Bosh touched the ball like 4 times. That just can't happen. Spurs have them shook. I expect the heat to come out strong this game and I expect them to win it. But seeing how the Spurs have played the last few games. I expect them to come out guns blazing as well. Thinking it will be a great game.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
PanthersHornets Lakers Dodgers NHLDucks Tar Heels
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 15th 2014, 1:53 pm

S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:Heat probably would have been swept if Parker and Duncan hadn't missed those 4 free throws at the end of game 2. Crazy how this series is going.

now if you take these two series and encompuss the heats 4 championship appearences, is it impressive?

Lost to dallas 4-2
beat thunder 4-1
beat spurs 4-3
lost to spurs 4-1 or 4-2 (being realistic)

Is it worth it? is it impressive what they did? losing to a dallas team with aging stars in their 1st year as team built this way. beating a thunder team that was relatively young and in experienced but had KD and westbrook. stole 2 games in 6 and 7 to finish that series and lost to the same team because they couldn't stop their offense.
Besides going 4-0 in the finals they really couldn't have done any better. Its impressive, we all kind of expected it to happen. They have 3 of the top players in the league all on the same team.

Whats going on right now though isn't impressive at all. The heat look like the Lebron Cavaliers. He's literally doing everything himself. Dwade was what? 2-12 last game. Thats fuckin horrible. Bosh touched the ball like 4 times. That just can't happen. Spurs have them shook. I expect the heat to come out strong this game and I expect them to win it. But seeing how the Spurs have played the last few games. I expect them to come out guns blazing as well. Thinking it will be a great game.

well they do have the best players but they don't have the formula to me. like them playing games is like the group of black kids who play pick up everyday against the 50 year old jews in a community center rec league who have like roles and plays and shit. There is something to be said for organization and stuff.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on June 16th 2014, 1:22 am

Gregg Popovich is the best coach in all of sports. What a beautiful series that was to watch. Just beautiful team basketball

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 16th 2014, 1:34 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Gregg Popovich is the best coach in all of sports. What a beautiful series that was to watch. Just beautiful team basketball

the whole team is just great guys. humble, team players, team oriented. Khawi Leonard's reaction to MVP was cool
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on June 16th 2014, 3:56 am

Damn, just looking at the score, it looks like Miami got destroyed each game lol

[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 16th 2014, 10:51 am

MaddMatter wrote:Damn, just looking at the score, it looks like Miami got destroyed each game lol

yea, it was an old fashioned ass whooping
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on June 16th 2014, 4:45 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:Gregg Popovich is the best coach in all of sports. What a beautiful series that was to watch. Just beautiful team basketball

the whole team is just great guys. humble, team players, team oriented. Khawi Leonard's reaction to MVP was cool

I was just listening to a radio show and one guy compared Leonard to Scottie Pippen. I dunno if he's that good, but he can be. He's great defensively and if he learns how to score like he did in the last three games for the rest of his career, he'll be scary.

But ya, Spurs are just a group a team players. The way they were passing the ball was unbelievable. The fact that Boris Diaw, a guy that was cut by the Bobcats during the season, could start and play the way he did was unbelievable.

HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 16th 2014, 5:26 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

I was just listening to a radio show and one guy compared Leonard to Scottie Pippen. I dunno if he's that good, but he can be. He's great defensively and if he learns how to score like he did in the last three games for the rest of his career, he'll be scary.

But ya, Spurs are just a group a team players. The way they were passing the ball was unbelievable. The fact that Boris Diaw, a guy that was cut by the Bobcats during the season, could start and play the way he did was unbelievable.

Leonard is star or should be at some point. I hope he becomes one. He is a humble dude, works hard, and plays defense. You don't see that out of most stars in the NBA. Shit, last time Melo tried to play defense - he was actually on offense. KD day dreams about dribbling when he plays defense. We had "DA BEARD"'s defensive highlight tape, he stood in the paint, counted to 3, then sort of walked around.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum