NFL Countdown

MLB The Show 14

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MLB The Show 14

Post  HurpDurpHurray on April 14th 2014, 5:43 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:But then I'm like, wait, the Wings could be in the 2nd round of the playoffs

Hahahahaha... no

You're saying 0% chance? Cmon man it's the Wings in the playoffs. I know you don't know what playoff hockey is because your team(s) suck, but it's the playoffs. Plus, who called the 8th seeded LA Kings to win the Cup a few years ago?

Oh yeah,

ME!

Ya but the big difference between the Kings that year and the Wangs this year is that the Wangs suck.

Also I tried watching the entire livestream of IGN's gameplay for MLB 14. But between the fact that Pence and Puig had little idea on how to play and the fact that it was awkward having to listen to Puig's translator talk over everyone else, it got a bit annoying. Game looks cool though. There was even a sign in the game that says "I <3 MadBum" which was pretty funny

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 3rd 2014, 11:20 pm

Can't wait to pick this up on Tuesday. The manage game option looks sweet

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 4th 2014, 5:22 pm

This shit needs to be out yesterday. I've had nothing to do Friday and Today, I tried playing Madden but kept getting pissed off. So I'm not playing my ps4 until Tuesday, So I got time to kill.

[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 4th 2014, 7:24 pm

MaddMatter wrote:This shit needs to be out yesterday. I've had nothing to do Friday and Today, I tried playing Madden but kept getting pissed off. So I'm not playing my ps4 until Tuesday, So I got time to kill.

I haven't even turned on my PS4 in about 2 weeks. That's how bad it's gotten for me. NBA 2K14 is good but I got bored of it, same with Battlefield. Can't wait to pick this up Tuesday after work

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 4th 2014, 7:30 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:This shit needs to be out yesterday. I've had nothing to do Friday and Today, I tried playing Madden but kept getting pissed off. So I'm not playing my ps4 until Tuesday, So I got time to kill.

I haven't even turned on my PS4 in about 2 weeks. That's how bad it's gotten for me. NBA 2K14 is good but I got bored of it, same with Battlefield. Can't wait to pick this up Tuesday after work

Wanna make an online franchise? Maybe get like 6 people or so? We don't have to be super serious about it.

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 4th 2014, 9:44 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Wanna make an online franchise? Maybe get like 6 people or so? We don't have to be super serious about it.

I probably won't be on much so I don't think so

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on May 4th 2014, 9:52 pm

ive never played baseball online, so for those of you that have, let me know how many innings a game is when you play an opponent online and how long do games online normally last..thanks

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 4th 2014, 10:59 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:ive never played baseball online, so for those of you that have, let me know how many innings a game is when you play an opponent online and how long do games online normally last..thanks

See the thing is MLB the Show online hasn't ever been great, and there's new features like quick counts that speed up the game. So nobody can really give you a straight answer on that

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 4th 2014, 11:23 pm

I normally play RTTS

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on May 4th 2014, 11:45 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:ive never played baseball online, so for those of you that have, let me know how many innings a game is when you play an opponent online and how long do games online normally last..thanks

See the thing is MLB the Show online hasn't ever been great, and there's new features like quick counts that speed up the game. So nobody can really give you a straight answer on that

dam..so its really just a game you play with yourself? that sucks unless its a RPG..anyways, i dont even play Madden by myself, i need to humiliate any other players i face..guess the show isnt for me

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 6th 2014, 8:32 pm

This game looks beautiful! Greatest addition is the ball boys that go get the ball on fouls lol.

Anyways, only two things that I found wrong were presentation things. One was that the third baseman and shortstop position were switched on one of the defensive alignment graphics that pop up at the beginning of the game. Other was one where they said it was a graphic for extra hits when it was only total hits.

I play one game, Tigers vs. Red Sox. Smoked the Tigers 10-0 (sorry not sorry Matt). I'm using the dynamic rating thing to see where my ideal difficulty will be. Pitching is a bit better now that the consistency of the umpires for balls and strikes has gotten more erratic. I like it, adds more difficulty. I like the fielding better too. I had Miggy hit a deep one to right and I thought "oh this one I can get to". Then the icon kept going back until it made it to the edge of the wall and I was like "shit didn't get it." They also add more depth to the commentary where they ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT PLAYERS! For instance, they were talking about how that Nick Castianalo (sp?) guy was a top prospect for the Tigers and how Xander Bagaerts was a big part of the Red Sox run. And they constantly were pointing the camera at the Tigers manager saying stuff equivalent to "HA LOOK HE FUCKED UP! THEY'RE LOSING BAD!"

Overall, enjoyed the first game I played a lot. Gonna play an All-Star game then set up a Jays franchise. I'm happy they made it so you can get the rosters from the PS3 version of the game too. Don't have to wait for someone to make it on PS4. Also like the fact they made a logo vault, where basically the most downloaded are Expos logos lol. Kinda cool though to see you can make the Expos on Diamond Dynasty, at least that's the way it looks.

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on May 7th 2014, 12:42 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:This game looks beautiful! Greatest addition is the ball boys that go get the ball on fouls lol.

Anyways, only two things that I found wrong were presentation things. One was that the third baseman and shortstop position were switched on one of the defensive alignment graphics that pop up at the beginning of the game. Other was one where they said it was a graphic for extra hits when it was only total hits.

I play one game, Tigers vs. Red Sox. Smoked the Tigers 10-0 (sorry not sorry Matt). I'm using the dynamic rating thing to see where my ideal difficulty will be. Pitching is a bit better now that the consistency of the umpires for balls and strikes has gotten more erratic. I like it, adds more difficulty. I like the fielding better too. I had Miggy hit a deep one to right and I thought "oh this one I can get to". Then the icon kept going back until it made it to the edge of the wall and I was like "shit didn't get it." They also add more depth to the commentary where they ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT PLAYERS! For instance, they were talking about how that Nick Castianalo (sp?) guy was a top prospect for the Tigers and how Xander Bagaerts was a big part of the Red Sox run. And they constantly were pointing the camera at the Tigers manager saying stuff equivalent to "HA LOOK HE FUCKED UP! THEY'RE LOSING BAD!"

Overall, enjoyed the first game I played a lot. Gonna play an All-Star game then set up a Jays franchise. I'm happy they made it so you can get the rosters from the PS3 version of the game too. Don't have to wait for someone to make it on PS4. Also like the fact they made a logo vault, where basically the most downloaded are Expos logos lol. Kinda cool though to see you can make the Expos on Diamond Dynasty, at least that's the way it looks.

The one thing I saw so far was they messed up Chris Davis, he has no beard anymore but he has one in-game. Guess they just wanted to show their beard technology too much  Laughing  Other than that I haven't seen too many mistakes.

I have a question though, I was in practice mode last night just getting a feel for batting and pitching and such. When your batting is there a way or a tip to guessing the pitches that are coming or something, or is it basically like for real where you have to keep your eye on the ball and judge yourself. I noticed practice mode had a option where you can guess the pitch for more points while at bat, that's why I'm asking. Also, do you have any tips for a newbie to the series  Very Happy ?

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 7th 2014, 5:49 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:This game looks beautiful! Greatest addition is the ball boys that go get the ball on fouls lol.

The one thing I saw so far was they messed up Chris Davis, he has no beard anymore but he has one in-game. Guess they just wanted to show their beard technology too much  Laughing  Other than that I haven't seen too many mistakes.

I have a question though, I was in practice mode last night just getting a feel for batting and pitching and such. When your batting is there a way or a tip to guessing the pitches that are coming or something, or is it basically like for real where you have to keep your eye on the ball and judge yourself. I noticed practice mode had a option where you can guess the pitch for more points while at bat, that's why I'm asking. Also, do you have any tips for a newbie to the series  Very Happy ?

There might be in the settings. I know you can change things like the pitching but I don't know about batting.

As for tips, I don't have many. If you're gonna do a franchise, take one of the top rated rosters from the roster vault and do that. Usually the first one is the Operation Sports one (named OSFM I think) and it's usually pretty good. It has all the players in the system unlike the official one. I like it if you're going to play multiple seasons or just want an accurate roster. Just check the ratings though, I find them a bit high sometimes (Jays backup catcher Erik Kratz was rated as high as Doiner Navarro).

Also switch the fielding thing to the one with the icon and the accuracy bar. Makes it a bit more fun. The default just does the speed of the throw. And if you want the catcher to call out locations and pitch types during each pitch, there's a setting for it too.

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on May 7th 2014, 7:05 pm

Sweet, thanks Hurp. Any tips are better than none. The only baseball game I ever played was 2K12 or something. So I'm still getting used to baseball video games. Definitely isn't madden that's for sure.

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 7th 2014, 7:22 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Sweet, thanks Hurp. Any tips are better than none. The only baseball game I ever played was 2K12 or something. So I'm still getting used to baseball video games. Definitely isn't madden that's for sure.

I know for hitting, you can choose between using the analog and the X button.

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on May 7th 2014, 8:31 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Sweet, thanks Hurp. Any tips are better than none. The only baseball game I ever played was 2K12 or something. So I'm still getting used to baseball video games. Definitely isn't madden that's for sure.

Yeah I think the default is the square and X button for hitting if I remember from last night. I haven't tried the analog stick yet.

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 7th 2014, 9:49 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

Do you use analog Matt? I find the buttons easier, though I do believe hitting in MLB 2K was analog

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 8th 2014, 12:49 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Do you use analog Matt? I find the buttons easier, though I do believe hitting in MLB 2K was analog

Fuck analog, I'm not good enough at baseball for that shit. Gimme the X button and call it good lol. Fielding is different though

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 8th 2014, 8:39 pm

I noticed they made the DH proper now. The teams would always set their lineup based on who was best at that position. So guys like David Ortiz would be starting first, which in real life would only happen if they're playing with no DH. This year, now it seems they go buy who's the better fielder and pick the DH by who's the best hitter left on the bench. Still a couple weird ones (Jose Abreu isn't in the White Sox lineup at all) but it's pretty good still

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 8th 2014, 8:42 pm

I've noticed in RTTS, if you're a position player, the pitchers are the shit.

For Example: I see my pitcher throw a complete game, like once every three games. And when I'm up bat in the 9th it will not be uncommon to have the starting pitcher on the opposite team have about 80 total pitches.

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 11th 2014, 3:59 pm

So I was into game 3 in my franchise mode with the Jays and we were facing the Rays. Myers went to dive for a ball and he ended up taking it right off the head somehow. He's on the 15 day DL now with a concussion LOL

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 11th 2014, 5:56 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:So I was into game 3 in my franchise mode with the Jays and we were facing the Rays. Myers went to dive for a ball and he ended up taking it right off the head somehow. He's on the 15 day DL now with a concussion LOL

Did you record it?

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 11th 2014, 7:36 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:So I was into game 3 in my franchise mode with the Jays and we were facing the Rays. Myers went to dive for a ball and he ended up taking it right off the head somehow. He's on the 15 day DL now with a concussion LOL

Did you record it?

I thought I did in-game with the replay but I couldn't find it after the game. Maybe it's hiding somewhere

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on May 12th 2014, 10:22 pm

I just had a fun game, granted it was on beginners mode but hey just getting some practice. Was playing against the Phillies as the orioles with Bud Norris as pitcher. I shut them out. Ryan Flaherty had two two run homers, Delmon Young had a 3 run homer and I beat them 10 zip. I had a no hitter till like the 8th inning I think. Also had about 14 strikeouts.

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 12th 2014, 11:05 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I just had a fun game, granted it was on beginners mode but hey just getting some practice. Was playing against the Phillies as the orioles with Bud Norris as pitcher. I shut them out. Ryan Flaherty had two two run homers, Delmon Young had a 3 run homer and I beat them 10 zip. I had a no hitter till like the 8th inning I think. Also had about 14 strikeouts.

Turn up the difficulty son!

I have it on All-Star now for everything and I'm loving it. I'm trying to get the stats realistic and I think I'm just about there. Had to turn down the hitting power for both sides since everyone was cranking out homers. Now it's at a good level. Already have blown 3 saves and only earned 1 lol. But that's the beauty of having it at All-Star since when I had it at Veteran, my relievers were unstoppable.

Anyways I'm still loving this game. It just looks so beautiful. Only thing that upsets me is Colby Rasmus' beard. This guy cannot grow a thick beard like what he has in the game:

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum