by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Maybe Pitchers Need Helmets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe Pitchers Need Helmets?

Post  HurpDurpHurray on May 7th 2013, 11:08 pm

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130507&content_id=46886698&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Wow... you think about how hard these pitchers throw and remember that the ball comes back as hard, if not harder than that. It hit off his head so hard, the ball went into the outfield. What a scary sight

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe Pitchers Need Helmets?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on May 7th 2013, 11:59 pm

it happens, i caught a live drive as a pitcher in little and broke my nose.

no one in the MLB has died as a pitcher getting hit although a hitter has died getting hit by a pitch.

a pitcher (IE verlander) can throw from 95 up to 105 (chapman) while a ball coming off a wooden bat comes off at about 120 and a metal bat coming off 130 to 140.

A metal bat has a trampoline effect where the ball dents the metal in concave then the metal flexing back out along with the contact of the swing. A wooden bat is a sling shot effect. the ball actually makes the bat bend against the direction of the swing, the power coming from the reflex of the wood.

What also helps happ NOT die is that the pitchers ball hitting someone in the head tends to exert all the energy through the skull, also usually the side or back of the head which leaves the brain more vulnerable. A baseball off the bass is traveling like a knuckle ball and so fast that when it hits a skull it ricochets sending enough energy away that it doesn't kill the person, and usually impacting the front or lower sides which causes broken bones and shit but doesn't impact the brain all to much.

I LOVE PHYSICS!!!
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on May 8th 2013, 1:56 pm

EPICx69 wrote:it happens, i caught a live drive as a pitcher in little and broke my nose.

no one in the MLB has died as a pitcher getting hit although a hitter has died getting hit by a pitch.

a pitcher (IE verlander) can throw from 95 up to 105 (chapman) while a ball coming off a wooden bat comes off at about 120 and a metal bat coming off 130 to 140.

A metal bat has a trampoline effect where the ball dents the metal in concave then the metal flexing back out along with the contact of the swing. A wooden bat is a sling shot effect. the ball actually makes the bat bend against the direction of the swing, the power coming from the reflex of the wood.

What also helps happ NOT die is that the pitchers ball hitting someone in the head tends to exert all the energy through the skull, also usually the side or back of the head which leaves the brain more vulnerable. A baseball off the bass is traveling like a knuckle ball and so fast that when it hits a skull it ricochets sending enough energy away that it doesn't kill the person, and usually impacting the front or lower sides which causes broken bones and shit but doesn't impact the brain all to much.

I LOVE PHYSICS!!!
ME TO!!!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: