by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

Fucking Red Sox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fucking Red Sox

Post  HurpDurpHurray on October 2nd 2012, 11:03 pm

This season has been totally shit and as I said before, it will only make me happy now if the Red Sox can beat the Yankees and get the Orioles to clinch the AL East. Well Orioles won today, Red Sox up 3-1 in the 9th. And wtf do the Red Sox do? WELL THEY FUCKING GIVE UP A TWO RUN HOMER! I was yelling at my TV I was so pissed. Fucking Red Sox can't do anything right

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Re: Fucking Red Sox

Post  RSoxGuy on October 3rd 2012, 12:26 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:This season has been totally shit and as I said before, it will only make me happy now if the Red Sox can beat the Yankees and get the Orioles to clinch the AL East. Well Orioles won today, Red Sox up 3-1 in the 9th. And wtf do the Red Sox do? WELL THEY FUCKING GIVE UP A TWO RUN HOMER! I was yelling at my TV I was so pissed. Fucking Red Sox can't do anything right
as if thats not bad enough they stretch it to 13 innings and then lose. at least they r consistent.
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on October 3rd 2012, 7:14 am

all I can say is the red sox better win tonight, and then I hope the Os can win. I'm tired of the smug yankees. I swear, they either aren't playing as well this year, or they are doing this just to shove it in our face and say "ha ha we win AL east one game over you ha ha"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on October 3rd 2012, 7:18 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:all I can say is the red sox better win tonight, and then I hope the Os can win. I'm tired of the smug yankees. I swear, they either aren't playing as well this year, or they are doing this just to shove it in our face and say "ha ha we win AL east one game over you ha ha"

I hate their stadium. They basically made it easy as fuck to hit a homer there. Put a little kid out there and he'll hit a homer. When Ichiro is smacking out homers, you know something is wrong. The guy could hit 20 homers if he played a full season with New York

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy on October 3rd 2012, 3:56 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
I hate their stadium. They basically made it easy as fuck to hit a homer there. Put a little kid out there and he'll hit a homer. When Ichiro is smacking out homers, you know something is wrong. The guy could hit 20 homers if he played a full season with New York

From the Yankee stadium wiki-

ESPN commentator Peter Gammons denounced the new facility as "one of the biggest jokes in baseball" and concludes that "[it] was not a very well-planned ballpark."[63] Likewise, Gammons' ESPN colleague Buster Olney described the stadium as being "on steroids" and likened it to his childhood Wiffle-ball park.[61][68] Newsday columnist Wallace Matthews joined in the criticism, labeling the stadium "ridiculous" and decrying its cheapening of the home run.[62] Former Yankee Reggie Jackson termed the park "too small" to contain current player Alex Rodriguez and suggested it might enable the third baseman to hit 75 home runs in a season.[62]
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on October 3rd 2012, 6:00 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

ESPN commentator Peter Gammons denounced the new facility as "one of the biggest jokes in baseball" and concludes that "[it] was not a very well-planned ballpark."[63] Likewise, Gammons' ESPN colleague Buster Olney described the stadium as being "on steroids" and likened it to his childhood Wiffle-ball park.[61][68] Newsday columnist Wallace Matthews joined in the criticism, labeling the stadium "ridiculous" and decrying its cheapening of the home run.[62] Former Yankee Reggie Jackson termed the park "too small" to contain current player Alex Rodriguez and suggested it might enable the third baseman to hit 75 home runs in a season.[62]

Put Curtis Granderson on the Tigers again, his numbers would be the same as they were before he signed with the Yankees.

HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on October 3rd 2012, 6:58 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Put Curtis Granderson on the Tigers again, his numbers would be the same as they were before he signed with the Yankees.

..... WE MISS YOU CURTIS!!!!!!

[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!
MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Jonny Gomes gives Sox a facelift

Post  RSoxGuy on November 27th 2012, 5:37 pm

The Red Sox [team stats] have wanted to add character to their clubhouse for the last couple of years, which is why they’ve acquired guys such as Marco Scutaro and Cody Ross, to name two.

That need has only been heightened after the events of the last two seasons, so when the Red Sox began mapping out this winter’s free agent landscape, they targeted A’s outfielder Jonny Gomes as one of the few players in the game with a personality capable of impacting a clubhouse.

The free-spirited Gomes has found himself on some surprising winners recently. After taking his lumps for five years with the Devil Rays, Gomes was a member of the 2008 Rays, who advanced all the way to the World Series in the franchise’s first playoff appearance.

He left Tampa Bay for Cincinnati in 2009, and a year later, the Reds were in the playoffs for the first time since 1995.

He joined the Nationals in 2011 and they won 80 games, including 15 of their last 19 before becoming a playoff team this year.

Gomes was gone by that point, on to Oakland, where players such as Josh Reddick credited him with instilling a winning culture as the loosey-goosey A’s took the Tigers to five games in their AL Division Series after coming from out of nowhere to win the AL West on the final day of the season.

“He’s one of those guys who knows what it takes, because he’s been there,” Reddick said of Gomes in July.

Gomes has more than been there, though. He has been to the brink of death.

On Dec. 23, 2002, he felt pain in his chest and numbness in his arm. But as a 22-year-old on the verge of reaching the big leagues with the Devil Rays, he chalked it up to nothing more than the aftereffects of a strenuous workout.

When his health didn’t improve after more than a day, however, he visited the hospital in Petaluma, Calif., where he was given a stunning diagnosis, which he recounted to Yahoo Sports in 2010: He was having a heart attack.

The doctor who viewed his EKG told him, “If you had fallen asleep one more time, you wouldn’t have woken up.”

It turns out Gomes had a pinched coronary artery, and to this day he doesn’t know what caused it.

All he knows is how lucky he is to be here and in the big leagues, which might help explain why he’s considered such a positive influence with a winning attitude.

The Red Sox certainly hope so after agreeing to a two-year, $10 million deal with the 32-year-old last week. They wanted character, and by signing Gomes, they got it.

Soooooooo $10 mill over 2 years for a 4th outfielder at best? Seems like the front office hasnt learned SHIT the past few years with useless contracts and over paid utility players. Lets sign this guy who hasnt done shit while we let guys like Cody Ross to twist in the wind.

Ohh and rumor has it that the Sox are shopping Lester to KC for Wil Myers? Wasnt Lester the pride and glory of this team back when they refused to send him to Cleveland and instead of sending Bucholz they sent Masterson? You know the same Masterson who hasnt sat on the DL for most of the past 3 years, hasnt been struggling to get out of rehab assignments in AAA?

This Sox team is gonna suck worse than last yr and Lucino and Henry dont give a shit. After all the big trades and signings to Toronto, I bet Farrell wishes he never left the great white north. The jays are gonna be a contender this yr while the Sox wallow in mediocrity.
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum