Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  usmfan45 on August 7th 2012, 1:18 pm

http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/11865/20120806/red_wings_looking_to_improve_blue_line/

The Red Wings blue line is kind of sad this year, I mean they have Kronwall who is fairly good, but not the kinda of guy you want to say is your best defensemen, which of now, he is. Lidstrom retiring is gonna be killer, and Brad Stuart leaving won't exacty make matters better.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
usmfan45

Posts : 469
Street Cred : 14
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 7th 2012, 4:40 pm

Naa I don't think they're that bad. I mean, Brandon Smith can be a pretty good defenseman. I just think there's not that star playing D for them so it makes their defense look bad

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
HurpDurpHurray

Posts : 6821
Street Cred : 241
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  MaddMatter on August 7th 2012, 7:11 pm

Kronwall isn't someone you would want as your #1? Have you seen him play? I will gladly take Kronner being the #1 after Lidstrom is gone. Has the defense taken a step back, yes, but so would ANY defense if they lost one of the BEST defense men to ever play. I do expect them to get another one, but to say Kronner isn't someone you would want as your #1 is stupid.

Also, like Hurp said, Smith is gonna be a beast. I am VERY excited to see him play after watching the couple of games he played last season.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7556
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  usmfan45 on August 7th 2012, 7:57 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Kronwall isn't someone you would want as your #1? Have you seen him play? I will gladly take Kronner being the #1 after Lidstrom is gone. Has the defense taken a step back, yes, but so would ANY defense if they lost one of the BEST defense men to ever play. I do expect them to get another one, but to say Kronner isn't someone you would want as your #1 is stupid.

Also, like Hurp said, Smith is gonna be a beast. I am VERY excited to see him play after watching the couple of games he played last season.

He's good, no doubt!! I guess what I meant is if he is like your whole blue line then you might be in a little bit of a trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
usmfan45

Posts : 469
Street Cred : 14
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 7th 2012, 8:02 pm

And I tell you what. From being a Flames fan and also watching the Leafs, I'll tell you that Ian White is pretty good offensively. Defensively... meh. But offensively he can be depended on to score at least 10 goals a season. Kyle Quincey is pretty good all around too

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
HurpDurpHurray

Posts : 6821
Street Cred : 241
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  usmfan45 on August 7th 2012, 8:08 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:And I tell you what. From being a Flames fan and also watching the Leafs, I'll tell you that Ian White is pretty good offensively. Defensively... meh. But offensively he can be depended on to score at least 10 goals a season. Kyle Quincey is pretty good all around too

I'll have to watch these guys this season to really know anything about any of them besides Ericson and Kronwall.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
usmfan45

Posts : 469
Street Cred : 14
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  HurpDurpHurray on August 7th 2012, 8:13 pm

usmfan45 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:And I tell you what. From being a Flames fan and also watching the Leafs, I'll tell you that Ian White is pretty good offensively. Defensively... meh. But offensively he can be depended on to score at least 10 goals a season. Kyle Quincey is pretty good all around too

I'll have to watch these guys this season to really know anything about any of them besides Ericson and Kronwall.

I dunno who you've been watching but White and Quincey have been in the league for a while...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
HurpDurpHurray

Posts : 6821
Street Cred : 241
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  usmfan45 on August 7th 2012, 8:15 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:And I tell you what. From being a Flames fan and also watching the Leafs, I'll tell you that Ian White is pretty good offensively. Defensively... meh. But offensively he can be depended on to score at least 10 goals a season. Kyle Quincey is pretty good all around too

I'll have to watch these guys this season to really know anything about any of them besides Ericson and Kronwall.

I dunno who you've been watching but White and Quincey have been in the league for a while...

I haven't watched a whole lot of stuff, just some red wings games and stuff from last year and other years. I'm just getting into it and all I know is that Brad Stuart and Lidstrom were pretty good defensemen and any team that loses those two are gonna have a lot trouble the following year. That's ALL i was saying.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
usmfan45

Posts : 469
Street Cred : 14
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  MaddMatter on August 7th 2012, 8:25 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:And I tell you what. From being a Flames fan and also watching the Leafs, I'll tell you that Ian White is pretty good offensively. Defensively... meh. But offensively he can be depended on to score at least 10 goals a season. Kyle Quincey is pretty good all around too

Yeah I think Ian White led the league in +/- before Lidstrom got injured. Not saying he's going to repeat that, but he's pretty good. Quincey performed, well, horribly, after the trade, but I expect him to rebound.

Kindle I think is in his 3rd year, so either he gets better or he won't be back next year.

Ericsson in my mind is extremely average lol.

But I won't be upset at all if the pairings are

Kronner-White
Ericsson-Quincey
Smith-Kindl

But I'm not to confident in whoever our 7th guy would be. I expect them to add a cheap veteran, for depth at the very least.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!

MaddMatter

Posts : 7556
Street Cred : 125
Join date : 2011-04-08

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Wings want YOU!! If you're a defensemen.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum