by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Retirement in Madden....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Retirement in Madden....

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on July 31st 2012, 6:51 pm

I know this is prob late, with Madden 13 coming out, but in 12 is there a way to tell with a player will retire? I'll give you my dilema. Flacco is getting older (hes in his early 30s in my franchise), and I want to know when to draft a new QB to sit a year then play. I dont want to draft him too early becasue I feel the longer he sits that just wasted years he could try to play, but I dont want to wait and end up having to draft him the year Flacco retires. So is there a "set" age that players retire in madden, or does it have anything to do with injury history, etc? Or will Flacco play till hes like 40 (he hasnt missed a game for me and is still rated at 93)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Retirement in Madden....

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on July 31st 2012, 9:21 pm

this should help, its the standard way Madden has determined when a player will regress..attributes in quotations are what is affected...as far as retiring, i believe once a player reaches 2 years past thier regressions they retire..for instance QBs retire after 12 seasons in the NFL...hope this helps

HB: When they hit 8 year pro (SPD, AGI, ACC, JMP)

LB/CB/S: When they hit 9 years pro (SPD, AGI, ACC, JMP)

QB/WR/TE/FB: When they hit 10 years pro (SPD, AGI, ACC, JMP)

OL/DL: When they hit 11 years pro (STR, ACC)

K/P: When they hit 14 years pro (KPW)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on August 1st 2012, 5:51 pm

thats awesome, thanks. I guess that means rice will retire in a season then, he already hits is first season of regression. Thats ok, I just drafted a 265lb beast of a rb anyway thats tearing it up....

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ on August 1st 2012, 7:31 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:thats awesome, thanks. I guess that means rice will retire in a season then, he already hits is first season of regression. Thats ok, I just drafted a 265lb beast of a rb anyway thats tearing it up....

Rice wont retire until hes in his 10th or 11th year, he will regress in attributes though once he plays his 8th season pro...you can easily check how many "Madden Years" he has by going to his profile, under his name and weight etc etc it will say something like 7 Years Pro....heres a little known secret i do in all the leagues im in, i trade for Cameron Wake, hes like 31 years old but only 4 years pro ( Razz ) people see his age and are willing to dump him because they think he is retiring or regressing the following season, so i get a BEAST LB/DE for a 4th round Pick and he doesnt regress for a full 4 seasons Laughing ...also the Bills HB Fred Jackson, hes like a mini bulldozer but it shows him at age 28 or 29, he doesnt regress til hes like 33 Twisted Evil

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on August 1st 2012, 9:21 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:thats awesome, thanks. I guess that means rice will retire in a season then, he already hits is first season of regression. Thats ok, I just drafted a 265lb beast of a rb anyway thats tearing it up....

Rice wont retire until hes in his 10th or 11th year, he will regress in attributes though once he plays his 8th season pro...you can easily check how many "Madden Years" he has by going to his profile, under his name and weight etc etc it will say something like 7 Years Pro....heres a little known secret i do in all the leagues im in, i trade for Cameron Wake, hes like 31 years old but only 4 years pro ( Razz ) people see his age and are willing to dump him because they think he is retiring or regressing the following season, so i get a BEAST LB/DE for a 4th round Pick and he doesnt regress for a full 4 seasons Laughing ...also the Bills HB Fred Jackson, hes like a mini bulldozer but it shows him at age 28 or 29, he doesnt regress til hes like 33 Twisted Evil

Well hes not useless yet. His speed was a 90 or so up untill my 7-8th year in franchise (just recently) when his speed dropped to a 83. Right now I sort of do a split back offense. I'll play my really good RB for the first half (or 100-200 yrds), then the second half I'll put in my other back (Rice). It works really well. I have my big bruising back to tire the defense in the 1st half, then Rice gets clean up duties in the second half.

-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum