» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

Madden 13

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madden 13

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 9th 2012, 3:39 pm

i mean it seem with that quote that madden 13 has set classes like madden 12 but certain players are given story lines, i am going to guess with the tweet shit in that one video. so thats kind of lame. some guys are "destined" to be awesome or horrifically bad so you get a story while others are just grey matter
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on June 9th 2012, 5:26 pm

What's this story line stuff?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[19:59:55] @ HurpDurpHurray : more jags fans at the draft party than a game lol

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!
MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 9th 2012, 6:12 pm

MaddMatter wrote:What's this story line stuff?
I'm not too sure,I just know they've said that your player might leave to go play in the NBA,or he might get injured at the combine or decide to stay another year in college like Luck.All those are supposed to be rare and random though,but I really don't know how they play into your players ratings.I think it may be like Head Coach where you hear about some guy breaking the 40 record and shit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on June 9th 2012, 6:33 pm

ccdog23 wrote:
I'm not too sure,I just know they've said that your player might leave to go play in the NBA,or he might get injured at the combine or decide to stay another year in college like Luck.All those are supposed to be rare and random though,but I really don't know how they play into your players ratings.I think it may be like Head Coach where you hear about some guy breaking the 40 record and shit.

Did they have this shit in 12 and I missed it because I didn't get it?

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!
MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 9th 2012, 6:44 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

Did they have this shit in 12 and I missed it because I didn't get it?
Nah it's all new.

ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 10th 2012, 1:07 am

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/connected-careers-developer-blog

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/connected-careers-community-blog

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/online-connected-careers-community-blog

Manual and In-Season Progression

For the first time in the history of Madden NFL, you have the ability (as a coach) to progress your players whenever you want. CPU teams will progress their players throughout the regular season for the first time since the Xbox/Ps2 days. Oh by the way, potential has been removed from the game. Any player can become a star in Connected Careers. There are no limitations. And yes, we’re tuning it to make sure that doesn’t happen to CPU teams.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 11th 2012, 10:38 pm

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8720884.page

i dont get what they are made about
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 12th 2012, 12:09 am

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8720884.page

i dont get what they are made about
You aren't allowed to use edited players for anything besides play now mode.If for instance you feel that EA gave one of the Jets too low of a rating,your screwed because for the first time that I can remember you now have to use their rosters for Franchise or CC or whatever.It actually does suck pretty bad,especially if your someone who can't get the online rosters for whatever reason and someone on your team inevitably breaks out this season,your stuck with their shitty rating in CC.I get that for Online mode,but them no longer allowing us to do it for off line mode makes me believe that everything for now on will be with Online mode in mind and off line players getting fucked over.
This explains it better,
http://www.operationsports.com/news/555725/madden-nfl-13-roster-editing-issue-rears-its-ugly-head/

ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 12th 2012, 1:06 am

id say its an inconvenience but considering most people have online, that the franchise stuff is fixed where ratings and xp help make players better and the fact potential is out of the picture makes it better.

P.S. jets players are always given lower ratings
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 12th 2012, 2:16 am

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:id say its an inconvenience but considering most people have online, that the franchise stuff is fixed where ratings and xp help make players better and the fact potential is out of the picture makes it better.

The way I look at it,they should have left the ability to use your own edited roster in CC in.However,what a lot of people on OS are forgetting is that this isn't franchise mode so they should hold their judgement til they've actually spent time with it.As far as editing players in CC,especially attributes,taking it out was the right move.What's the point of XP and story lines if you can just go and make all your players 99 overall by just editing.I think that for the most part,people are just going to bitch about whatever EA puts out until they do what 2K did with NBA 2K11 and make arguably the best video game representation of football ever like 2K did with both basketball and football.

ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 12th 2012, 2:21 am

ccdog23 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:id say its an inconvenience but considering most people have online, that the franchise stuff is fixed where ratings and xp help make players better and the fact potential is out of the picture makes it better.

The way I look at it,they should have left the ability to use your own edited roster in CC in.However,what a lot of people on OS are forgetting is that this isn't franchise mode so they should hold their judgement til they've actually spent time with it.As far as editing players in CC,especially attributes,taking it out was the right move.What's the point of XP and story lines if you can just go and make all your players 99 overall by just editing.I think that for the most part,people are just going to bitch about whatever EA puts out until they do what 2K did with NBA 2K11 and make arguably the best video game representation of football ever like 2K did with both basketball and football.

will the past years EA has had, anything they do is automatically dismissed
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter on June 12th 2012, 6:32 pm

You know what would be sweet. If in your create a character mode is you go through interviews.

Say after a tough loss against a rival (you get demolished) you have the choice to talk to the media or not, if you don't, you get negative press or something. But if you go talk to the media you can either A) Be honest B) sell your teammates out C) something else D) something else.

I think they have something like that in NBA 2k but I'm not sure.

KAMEHAMEHA BITCHES!
MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on June 12th 2012, 7:02 pm

So theres no individual franchise mode anymore? Franchise mode is 80-90% of the reason I buy Madden, now it wont be there anymore? Plus I do most of my madden gaming offline, so now with this connected crap its prob going to take a nosedive..

This might be the first time Im actually considering not buying Madden....

Its a shame, cause this game started out sounding so promising.....

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 12th 2012, 7:03 pm

MaddMatter wrote:You know what would be sweet. If in your create a character mode is you go through interviews.

Say after a tough loss against a rival (you get demolished) you have the choice to talk to the media or not, if you don't, you get negative press or something. But if you go talk to the media you can either A) Be honest B) sell your teammates out C) something else D) something else.

I think they have something like that in NBA 2k but I'm not sure.
They used to have it in Madden remember,back on the PS2 and before Madden 10 I think.

ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden on June 12th 2012, 7:37 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:So theres no individual franchise mode anymore? Franchise mode is 80-90% of the reason I buy Madden, now it wont be there anymore? Plus I do most of my madden gaming offline, so now with this connected crap its prob going to take a nosedive..

They have franchise mode its just not called franchise mode. You just have to play an offline connected career as a coach. If you want to play superstar mode start an offline connected career as a player.

MY TEAMS:

[22:50:17] @ Brownsxfanx31 : my dad is a girl.

[20:35:44] @ HurpDurpHurray : I FUCKING HATE U THADDEN.
[20:36:12] S-UNIT302 : this mutha fucka just rick rolled me
[20:37:31] @ HurpDurpHurray : im not watching anymore videos u send me privately now.

MaddMatt on Sun 10 Apr - 19:00: Thadden, I'm officially naming you Head of Recruitment lol, you had one kickass professional looking statement. .
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  S on June 12th 2012, 7:45 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:So theres no individual franchise mode anymore? Franchise mode is 80-90% of the reason I buy Madden, now it wont be there anymore? Plus I do most of my madden gaming offline, so now with this connected crap its prob going to take a nosedive..

Its there. Connected Careers is complicated. You start it up. Choose offline or online. Then you either choose start your career as a Coach or Player. Coach is the same thing as franchise mode. You either create your coach or start as one already there, you can change or create a coach if you don't feel like being that coach anymore i'm pretty sure.

PanthersHornets Lakers Dodgers NHLDucks Tar Heels
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 12th 2012, 7:56 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:

Its there. Connected Careers is complicated. You start it up. Choose offline or online. Then you either choose start your career as a Coach or Player. Coach is the same thing as franchise mode. You either create your coach or start as one already there, you can change or create a coach if you don't feel like being that coach anymore i'm pretty sure.

It really is a cool mode. I think its better because if you get bored of either being a player or coach, you can switch and still keep the same franchise players and stats. say you go 4 years as a coach, win a super bowl and say im bored, you can be a player or a different coach in year 5. i think its pretty cool.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 on June 12th 2012, 8:16 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

It really is a cool mode. I think its better because if you get bored of either being a player or coach, you can switch and still keep the same franchise players and stats. say you go 4 years as a coach, win a super bowl and say im bored, you can be a player or a different coach in year 5. i think its pretty cool.

Oh ok, it doesnt sound as bad when you guys describe it that way.

Im in my 5-6th season on my franchise now, created a ravens dynasty in which Ive won the SB 6 times straight under harbaugh, and am undefeated in 6 seasons. I know, I need to up my difficulty level Laughing (I play on all-pro)

"When I think of a Baltimore Raven, what I think of is you go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That's the Baltimore Raven way."
-Steve Smith
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 12th 2012, 8:39 pm

its a pretty innovative idea, keeps people playing for the full 30 years, grind out stuff trying to get extra XP for their play or coach.
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 13th 2012, 2:26 am

They also took out the ability to play the games of teams you aren't controlling,so for instance if the team you choose to coach doesn't make the super bowl but you want to play with the 2 teams did,you can no longer do that.But once again,this is something I don't care about nor is it something I do.The people on OS are going crazy about it though.

ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 13th 2012, 2:43 am

They are going crazy because a lot of people who edit ratings or what ever are the people who arent realistic players. not saying all of them are cheesers but a lot if not most are
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 on June 14th 2012, 8:49 pm

http://www.operationsports.com/news/556101/madden-nfl-13-legends-announced-see-the-list-of-players-and-coaches/

ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  S on June 14th 2012, 8:57 pm

Deion oooh.

S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on June 15th 2012, 12:12 am

is anyone going to use the EA gameface to make their coach or player in connected careers?
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S on June 15th 2012, 12:35 am

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:is anyone going to use the EA gameface to make their coach or player in connected careers?
Probably try it out for my player, but I have a really young face so I would look out of place. For my coach i'll just use Coach Rivera..

S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum