by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Madden is starting to piss me off

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madden is starting to piss me off

Post  Mutant on September 19th 2011, 11:59 am

All the shitty back-up QBs play like Peyton Manning.

I played the Steelers and Charlie Batch completed 18/22 passes for 385 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs. Matt Hasselbeck had similar numbers when I played the Seahawks.

I can't run the ball properly because the defense shakes off the blocker too easily so I rush for a 2 yard gain every freaking time. The only plays which work are Draws and Counters; and Counters don't work all the time.

I can't return Punts or Kicks for shit. I'm lucky to get beyond the 20 before I'm smashed to the dirt. It's like the AI is cheating and has Auto-Sprint set to off by defualt so that they can all turbo boost to you as you start running up the field.

I haven't had a freaking sack since like Week 4 vs. the Giants. Either the other teams' OLines are brick walls or the CPU is cheating...again and chucking a 30 yard bomb as Darnell Docket is about to take his head off.

I never ever get penalties. I've had like two penalties go my way in about 4 games. I never hear "Holding...against the Offense" when I'm on D. If I get penalties, they're against my players.

Playing as the Cards but I don't think that's the whole reason. Gonna play as the Packers and see if the bullshit is the same.

Fuck this shit.
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Madden is starting to piss me off

Post  RSoxGuy on September 19th 2011, 1:23 pm

I rented taht piece of shit and glad I only spent $8 on it.

They allow you to adjust teh sliders for almost every game type because the geniouses at EA couldnt figure out how teh game should play with all the "New" and "Epic" additions like 3D grass (only during cut scenes) and bringing back custom playbook that dont work (and why tehy were removed in teh first place I ahve no idea), ohh and lets not forget the big deal they made out of having concussions in teh game now. Or what about the awsome MUT additions this year (new ways to milk the customer out of a few more bucks! Hell i heard that you are penalized for playing more than 3 games in 24 hrs and in order to play more you gotta pay $$$)?!

One of these days the NFL is gonna let any company make NFL games and EA is gonna lose thier shirt. Im tired of hearing these assholes tell us they maxed out the current gen system and its not thier fault. Funny, when i installed it to my harddrive it was a tiny file (4.8 GB) while games like Fallout 3 (5.5GB), COD MW2 (6.8GB), Red Dead Redemption (6.7GB) and Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 (6GB) had actual real life satellite imaged maps of Florida's Cape Canaveral, parts of the US North East, ect not to mention some games like Forza and GranTurismo are upwards of 8+ GBs but they have no issues "maxing out" the consoles...

Every year its teh same old story, "Hey look at this fancy new graphic or animation we put in (and forget about the 30 billion issues that we have been ignoring for years), its going to be awsome!!!!" Everyone buys it, complains for 3 months about not being able to access EA servers or are disappointed with the game after the 4 months of hype (you know the typical issues) and the GameChangers and Devs are no where to be found, the fanbois/devs start saying "Hey we are working on next years installment already!!!"

Rinse and repeat.
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on September 19th 2011, 4:29 pm

I know about the sliders, I'm not a hardcore Madden player like those nerds on Operation Sports. I don't try for uber-realistic stats and game play. But I also don't play on Rookie so I don't win games 58-3.

I've actually had to lower the QB accuracy slider for the CPU by 5 points because it's STUPIDLY accurate. Are you telling me that old banged up guys like Batch or McNabb have the same kind of QB accuracy as Tom Brady or Kurt Warner in the sense they can hit their WR with a 30 yard bomb whilst a D player is about to bury them? Hell, could Batch complete 18/22 passes? I doubt it. If Ben was out and Batch had to play, they'd run the ball and only pass sparingly - like they did when Ben was suspended last year.

So many of these issues have been around since Madden 10, maybe 09.

I really wish there were alternates to Madden. NBA 2K is the shit when it comes to basketball.
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray on September 19th 2011, 6:54 pm

Wait, Madden isn't good? BIG SURPRISE THERE!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 19th 2011, 8:09 pm

madden is good its just they have yet to add certain shit to the game. ian cummings set the game back big time. this knew guy what ever his name is who worked on nfl head coach is good and cares a lot about the game so look forward to next year

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 on September 19th 2011, 9:12 pm

1st time is a couple years I'm actually enjoying Madden.

[23:02:48] @ at23steelers : dude, i will NOT have intercourse with your female clown banana!!.

KWick78 : I believe the best government is one that protects its homeland and doesn't let citizens hurt each other. Other than that they can fuck off.

[19:54:28] tubbs51 : oh good lord... bannana buttsex spam

Thadden wrote:
I like 'Dick In A Box'

[18:05:20] @ HurpDurpHurray : OH FUCK IT JUST HIT ME WITH ITS WOOD!

CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget on September 19th 2011, 9:26 pm

if you like ncaa how dont you like madden. ncaa is slightly better but not at any of the things you talked about sounds like you are playing on a difficulty too high for you. i stick to all pro.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on September 20th 2011, 10:40 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:madden is good its just they have yet to add certain shit to the game. ian cummings set the game back big time. this knew guy what ever his name is who worked on nfl head coach is good and cares a lot about the game so look forward to next year

Yeah it is good.

I just regulary have one of these bitch fits where I complain about shit which I think is "broken" even if it's not.

I don't post these kind of threads on official sites like the EA forums or Operation Sports because I'd get told to "get good" by someone like SnA who had 700 games of Madden 11 played and probably has 300 on 12 already.
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 on September 20th 2011, 10:57 am

I'm not a super nerd either but I mess around with sliders quite a bit. Once you figure out how to adjust them for you, it makes the game so much more enjoyable.

The biggest advice I can give you is this-- it is impossible for the game to be "sim." Can't happen as long as humans are controlling things. As long as you enjoy it, fuck the rest.

KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 on September 20th 2011, 4:43 pm

To tell you the truth, I am a little angry that I ended up trading in NCAA for Madden. But hey, Fifa comes out in a week and that'll be my game for the next few months <3 While throwing Madden in there from time to time.

Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 20th 2011, 5:59 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:To tell you the truth, I am a little angry that I ended up trading in NCAA for Madden. But hey, Fifa comes out in a week and that'll be my game for the next few months <3 While throwing Madden in there from time to time.

i find my self a little bummed out i cant play ncaa but considering i saved a sizable amount of cash on this.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb on September 20th 2011, 6:21 pm

This beaut of a game is coming out soon which will distract me from madden for a while a think
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 on September 21st 2011, 4:05 am

I Rented M12 and by the fifth day i was bored with franchise mode. The Import Class system is still busted. Now instead of a dozen stud FBs its a half dozen Stud QBs every fucking year....

I understand that there is a diamond in the rough every once in a while but when a team can draft a QB in the 6th round every year and get an 80+ OVR, A Pot QB it gets a bit ridiculous.

I shit you not three years into a franchise i looked through the rosters and found out the worst starting QB was a rookie at 82 overall with A Potential. WTF?!?

I'd love to see superstar QBs come from North Texas, Tulsa, UAB, and Akron in a few years but thats a bit odd... especially when during those senior seasons those teams combined for 5 wins total. None by Akron as well and their former Senior QB turned out to be the best possible Rookie QB ever, an 86 Overall QB with A potential....

Sorry but one of the MAJOR parts is more busted than a crack head's teeth.

tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 on September 22nd 2011, 12:40 am

Mutant wrote:All the shitty back-up QBs play like Peyton Manning.

I played the Steelers and Charlie Batch completed 18/22 passes for 385 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs. Matt Hasselbeck had similar numbers when I played the Seahawks.
Which is exactly why QB Vision is needed.
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 22nd 2011, 12:55 am

Nef77 wrote:

i think awarness should affect what routes you see progression wise.

a rookie qb is stuck on first read while a dude like manning is seeing every route

EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 on September 22nd 2011, 2:42 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

a rookie qb is stuck on first read while a dude like manning is seeing every route

I like that idea a lot. Cuz right now it doesn't do a damn thing

KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 22nd 2011, 2:01 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

I like that idea a lot. Cuz right now it doesn't do a damn thing

there should be an option in the traits that says you make reads, progressions, blah blah blah what ever

EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 24th 2011, 2:40 am

i just got the michael vick achievment with a QB in franchise mode.

his speed, 48

acceleration, 54

agility 67

suck mah dik

EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on September 24th 2011, 5:26 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:i just got the michael vick achievment with a QB in franchise mode.

his speed, 48

acceleration, 54

agility 67

suck mah dik

Tried to get it with the great man himself but the bitch dislocated his shoulder with only 25 yards to go and missed the rest of the game.

Next time I'll remember to use QB Slide...
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on September 24th 2011, 10:43 am

Any of you Madden players noticed 1st round rookies getting cut?

In my season, Kenny Iwemba (or whatever the fuck his name is, the ex-Cardinals DE) gets hurt for 11 weeks so I stuck him on IR and signed....wait for it...

Muhammad Wilkerson.

I didn't trade for him (it was Week 15 when the injury hit) he was on the damn F/A pool.

What are the chances of the Jets cutting him?

Not that I care, I have a beastly DLine now.

Carter/Wilkerson - Dockett - Williams - Campbell - all are A or B potential. Plus my LBer corps is pretty fucking beastly with Timmons in the middle backed up by 2 young A/B potential OLBs.

Read it and weep Detroit. Your front 7 hasn't got SHIT on mine Twisted Evil
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 24th 2011, 1:01 pm

Mutant wrote:Any of you Madden players noticed 1st round rookies getting cut?

In my season, Kenny Iwemba (or whatever the fuck his name is, the ex-Cardinals DE) gets hurt for 11 weeks so I stuck him on IR and signed....wait for it...

Muhammad Wilkerson.

I didn't trade for him (it was Week 15 when the injury hit) he was on the damn F/A pool.

Carter/Wilkerson - Dockett - Williams - Campbell - all are A or B potential. Plus my LBer corps is pretty fucking beastly with Timmons in the middle backed up by 2 young A/B potential OLBs.

yea because the game is designed to cut rookies 1st

EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on September 24th 2011, 1:10 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

Muhammad Wilkerson.

I can understand cutting 55 overall D potential guys drafted in the 7th round but not A potential 1st rounders.

Unless the CPU isn't programmed to know the difference?
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 on September 24th 2011, 1:21 pm

Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

Muhammad Wilkerson.

I can understand cutting 55 overall D potential guys drafted in the 7th round but not A potential 1st rounders.

Unless the CPU isn't programmed to know the difference?

they dont recognize if someone is drafted or not, what my pet pev is when you see a team with 0 lts and 5 rts. the game should know how to change a players potition from rt to lt or some shit.

EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant on September 25th 2011, 10:34 am

Holy shit!

I have a BLACK punter.

You never see black Kickers or Punters!
Mutant

Back to top Go down