» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Penguins Talk

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Penguins Talk

Post  PhantomReturns93 on April 21st 2011, 8:03 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:wow when I was watching the game last night I noticed neal has really sweet hands! I seen a couple of sweet dangles.

Neal may not have been putting it in the net, but aside from that he has been a dominant force in just about every other aspect of the game. I would go as far as saying he's our most offensively skilled player right now, just not necessarily our most productive point-wise.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB on April 23rd 2011, 4:39 pm

8-2, what a horrible game. Series 3-2 Pens.
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers on April 23rd 2011, 4:51 pm

[quote="SteelersJMB"]8-2, what a horrible game. Series 3-2 Pens.[/quote]

I guess I shouldn't have shaved yesterday!! Sad
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB on April 23rd 2011, 4:59 pm

[quote="at23steelers"][quote="SteelersJMB"]8-2, what a horrible game. Series 3-2 Pens.[/quote]

I guess I shouldn't have shaved yesterday!! Sad [/quote]

Its alright, they know that the SportingWorld Forums are rooting for the Pens, they'll win it...for US!!!! Cool
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  RJAfan6 on April 23rd 2011, 5:15 pm

ya 8-2 is baaaad lol, we honestly have nothing to worry about haha look at how our season has gone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
RJAfan6

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 on April 23rd 2011, 6:16 pm

The momentum has swung to the more offensively gifted team. We blew our chance to close it out in Pittsburgh today.

We better show up next time around.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 on April 24th 2011, 11:23 pm

Fleury following a game in which he played horrible enough to be pulled: 3-0, 1.33 GAA, .958 sv%

PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 on April 25th 2011, 6:59 am

Interesting little tidbit from Rossi on the Crosby/Malkin injury situation...

= At this point, anybody who claims to know how to read these daily developments of the Penguins’ injured superstar centers (Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) is jerking you around. I don’t, and I’m in direct contact with their respective camps and team officials. As I informed a local media colleague Saturday during Game 5 at Consol Energy Center – truly, I don’t know what to believe anymore about the respective statuses of Crosby (concussion) and Malkin (right knee). All I can offer is this from a person with longtime ties to the organization. This person told me Saturday that – based off what he’s been told – he would expect Malkin back before Crosby this postseason.

Really, though, who knows?

I can offer this observation: A few weeks ago when the Penguins casually dropped notice that Malkin required surgery on just one of the two torn ligaments in his right knee, that information led to whispers within the organization that he might be able to play if the team went on a deep playoff run. I asked then what “deep” implied, and was told deep meant conference finals or Stanley Cup Final. Privately, nobody has backed away from the potential for Malkin to return, but I would be remiss if not passing along that several teammates of Malkin’s believe that potential is slim.

To paraphrase what one teammate close with both Malkin and Crosby said: Penguins players aren’t counting on having either for this postseason run – though, I do sense, generally, that the players are resolute in not wanting to allow their thoughts to go there, so to speak. If they get geared for a return of either player, and that return doesn’t happen, the emotional letdown would be an unnecessary obstacle to overcome at a time when there clearly are so many obstacles to overcome.

Finally, there is at least a decent chance that the Penguins could pull a fast one on everybody and play either Crosby or Malkin – probably Malkin, given the uncertain nature a concussion recovery – sooner than anticipated. After all, the Flyers dressed D Chris Pronger for Game 6 of their series against the Sabres, and this development came only days after he was reportedly guaranteed to miss all of Round 1.

This time of year the only thing anybody can believe about injuries is that believing anything is probably a mistake.

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2011/04/24/why-not-to-believe-anything-about-sid-and-geno-and-not-to-believe-in-momentum/

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB on April 25th 2011, 10:56 am

Interesting read.

As for Pens' fans, who would you want back first, Malkin or Crosby?
I'd personally go Malkin.

I guess the Pens need to go on a pretty good playoff run before either makes it back, lets just get through this series and we'lll see what comes.
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 on April 25th 2011, 12:35 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Interesting read.

As for Pens' fans, who would you want back first, Malkin or Crosby?
I'd personally go Malkin.

I guess the Pens need to go on a pretty good playoff run before either makes it back, lets just get through this series and we'lll see what comes.

Crosby, plus Malkin is NOT coming back this year, he tore his ACL AND his MCL, you don't come back from that for at least 6 or 7 months, and that's if you have a miraculously speedy recovery; the fact that he is skating doesn't really mean anything. Crosby at least has a chance, in fact I think he could play right now but they're taking the most cautious route possible with him because, well he's Crosby.

I don't necessarily think there's a Crosby "conspiracy" as some do to sell tickets/merchandise or fake out the opponent, but I do think he has been cleared for contact and they just haven't made that public. In fact I think he could very well be cleared to play at this moment, but he's not in 100% physical game shape yet and he's not going to come back until he is (because not being in shape = greater injury risk)

PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 on April 25th 2011, 1:36 pm

Easy...

Crosby without thinking twice.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB on April 25th 2011, 2:08 pm

66-Pittsburgh-43 wrote:Easy...

Crosby without thinking twice.

Yeaa Idk what I was thinking, Crosby I would go with, Phantom is right about the injury recovery time.

Close out the series today Very Happy
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles on April 25th 2011, 2:12 pm

Crosby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Malkin

I wouldn't even hesitate to make that decision.

MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 on April 25th 2011, 9:34 pm

Through two periods of hockey, I give Tampa Bay's MVP award to Chris Conner. He blew a beautiful chance on a 3-on-1 and that penalty shot was simply awesome.

Congratulations Chris.

The runner-up? It's not a player, but Bylsma's answer to our horrific PP: The drop pass. It's working beautifully. We are now 1-29 on the PP in this series. Keep it up, it's working wonders. Rolling Eyes

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB on April 26th 2011, 2:00 am

This can't be happening..
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 on April 26th 2011, 2:54 am

Malkin interviews aren't funny anymore, he can speak *enough* coherent English to provide legitimate answers and conversation now Crying or Very sad

PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles on April 26th 2011, 4:38 pm

As bad as It may sounds...I kinda want the pens to lose game 7. Without Crosby or Malkin, it's just to boring to watch defensive hockey..

MyDirtyDangles

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 on April 26th 2011, 5:01 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:As bad as It may sounds...I kinda want the pens to lose game 7. Without Crosby or Malkin, it's just to boring to watch defensive hockey..

...and this is what you get from bandwagon Pens fans from Canada

Razz

PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles on April 26th 2011, 6:06 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:
MyDirtyDangles wrote:As bad as It may sounds...I kinda want the pens to lose game 7. Without Crosby or Malkin, it's just to boring to watch defensive hockey..

...and this is what you get from bandwagon Pens fans from Canada

Razz

hahaha Neutral

no.

I'm just looking forward to next season where Crosby can get back to domination and we can destroy the league with offence...not just slip by with with only defence :/

MyDirtyDangles

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles on April 26th 2011, 7:33 pm

Have anyone of you guys got the pens moblie app for ipod or iphone? the new update for it is sweet!

MyDirtyDangles

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 on April 27th 2011, 11:43 pm

Great series guys. I know you are all disappointed, but plenty of room on the Lightning bandwagon for the rest of the cup. You're welcome to join!

BTW- My one obnoxious winning comment...
I own this thread now bitches!
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers on April 27th 2011, 11:52 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:Great series guys. I know you are all disappointed, but plenty of room on the Lightning bandwagon for the rest of the cup. You're welcome to join!

Sorry, had to lower your street cred for that last comment of yours!!
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 on April 28th 2011, 12:00 am

at23steelers wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:Great series guys. I know you are all disappointed, but plenty of room on the Lightning bandwagon for the rest of the cup. You're welcome to join!

Sorry, had to lower your street cred for that last comment of yours!!

I understand. Cool
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 on April 28th 2011, 1:02 am

=

Well, at least the Pirates won tonight...

PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  RJAfan6 on April 28th 2011, 1:47 am

PhantomJB93 wrote: =

Well, at least the Pirates won tonight...

haha yes sir, im upset bout the loss but to be honest i knew we werent going to win, especially after game 6. I dont care how roudy the consol is...and trust me it gets loud, i was at game 1 and it was insane but its hard to get home team advantage in hockey.

Its hard to really judge the year knowing half our team was gone.

RJAfan6

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum