Latest topics
» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

» Mike Pettine
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:11 pm

NFL Countdown

Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Soarindude02 on August 17th 2011, 6:46 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:I aint no EA Fanboy. Madden sucked last year, and NBA Live is a joke, but I like FIFA. Sue me.

I couldn't agree more. Just because you guys are all EA Haters and can't actually enjoy an EA game just because it's EA, I for one don't care if it's EA or not. If it's good, it's good. If it sucks cock, it sucks cock.

A couple "Mates" and I from my old soccer club used to always joke about PES compared to Fifa. We used to have Fifa matches together, and one of my friends brought PES one year. I think it was 09. So we booted it up and just started laughing. Fifa overall just kicks ass compared to PES. Every game has glitches and maybe FIFA 10 had more then PES 10, but overall, the shooting, players movement on the pitch, etc. are very realistic compared to PES. PES 09 and 10 (Only played PES 10 a couple times) looked like a bunch of 12 year olds running around in Recreation soccer. Just simple and unrealistic movement.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Soarindude02

Posts : 1043
Street Cred : 19
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Mutant on August 18th 2011, 5:36 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:I aint no EA Fanboy. Madden sucked last year, and NBA Live is a joke, but I like FIFA. Sue me.

I couldn't agree more. Just because you guys are all EA Haters and can't actually enjoy an EA game just because it's EA, I for one don't care if it's EA or not. If it's good, it's good. If it sucks cock, it sucks cock.

A couple "Mates" and I from my old soccer club used to always joke about PES compared to Fifa. We used to have Fifa matches together, and one of my friends brought PES one year. I think it was 09. So we booted it up and just started laughing. Fifa overall just kicks ass compared to PES. Every game has glitches and maybe FIFA 10 had more then PES 10, but overall, the shooting, players movement on the pitch, etc. are very realistic compared to PES. PES 09 and 10 (Only played PES 10 a couple times) looked like a bunch of 12 year olds running around in Recreation soccer. Just simple and unrealistic movement.

I'm not an EA Hater.

I just think you're being harsh to PES. If you'd played PES 11 and also played at least one of the previous PES games this generation, you'd know how improved it is.

Look, even the reviewer on IGN rated it highly.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1124752p2.html

To me, it looks like Konami are getting things right. It might have taken a couple of years but they're getting there. It can onlty mean good things for soccer fans.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  TRU11 on August 18th 2011, 7:10 am

So you played PES 09 and thats what you based your whole opinion about the game off.

just disregard the previous 10 orso years when PES was king.

Also just ignore the fact that PES 09 was the first time PES used its newly build engine Rolling Eyes

yes man your are so credible in your bashing of a game title.

Why listen to people who have started playing fifa from 98 on the CPU and then switched to PES in 2001.

And yes i hate EA cause they where releasing the same crap with each sports title each year.

its why u went from FIFA to PES , from NBA Live to NBA2k and from Madden to NFL2K.

unfortuantly EA screwed American Football fans over by getting the exclusive deal and keep shitting on us with the same crap over and over.
Only reason i buy madden is because of the online franchises im in.

also only EA games that are good are the games made by not EA developers like Dragon Age or Bioschock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
TRU11

Posts : 877
Street Cred : 25
Join date : 2011-04-16
Location : amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Soarindude02 on August 18th 2011, 1:00 pm

TRU11 wrote:So you played PES 09 and thats what you based your whole opinion about the game off.

just disregard the previous 10 orso years when PES was king.

Also just ignore the fact that PES 09 was the first time PES used its newly build engine Rolling Eyes

yes man your are so credible in your bashing of a game title.

Why listen to people who have started playing fifa from 98 on the CPU and then switched to PES in 2001.

And yes i hate EA cause they where releasing the same crap with each sports title each year.

its why u went from FIFA to PES , from NBA Live to NBA2k and from Madden to NFL2K.

unfortuantly EA screwed American Football fans over by getting the exclusive deal and keep shitting on us with the same crap over and over.
Only reason i buy madden is because of the online franchises im in.

also only EA games that are good are the games made by not EA developers like Dragon Age or Bioschock.

I did play PES 10. So by no means am I ignoring there "best" title. But I was a tad bit busy playing FIFA 10, because of how fun and realistic it was. I think you're just holding a grudge against Madden and NBA live. IF you think about it, NCAA, Madden, and NHL have all gotten improvements (Madden got a decent Overhaul, NCAA got a few big features, NHL kicks ass, so working on Game play is nice). FIFA likes to build there new features around new Game play. They also threw in the new Career mode this year, which I did not have the pleasure of really getting into this year. But I plan on getting into FIFA 12, and laughing at all the PES fanboys, if they're any.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Soarindude02

Posts : 1043
Street Cred : 19
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Mutant on August 18th 2011, 2:25 pm

Tru, didn't you say you hadn't played FIFA since 2000?

I'm not sure where this discussion is going. On one hand, Browns and Soarin haven't played PES 11 and are judging the franchise on older, worse versions of the game.

On the other, Tru hasn't played FIFA for 10 years.

I think we should agree to disagree on which is better/more realistic.

I've played both FIFA 11 and PES 11 (plus older versions of each franchise) and I think PES 11 is better but only because of the way I play.

My play style involves me bombing down the wing and crossing and trying to score a header. It's impossible in FIFA. In about 50 games of FIFA 11 I only scored one headed goal. One out of about 100+ attempts? I don't expect to score with every attempt but one in 100 is ridiculous.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Soarindude02 on August 18th 2011, 3:02 pm

Mutant wrote:Tru, didn't you say you hadn't played FIFA since 2000?

I'm not sure where this discussion is going. On one hand, Browns and Soarin haven't played PES 11 and are judging the franchise on older, worse versions of the game.

On the other, Tru hasn't played FIFA for 10 years.

I think we should agree to disagree on which is better/more realistic.

I've played both FIFA 11 and PES 11 (plus older versions of each franchise) and I think PES 11 is better but only because of the way I play.

My play style involves me bombing down the wing and crossing and trying to score a header. It's impossible in FIFA. In about 50 games of FIFA 11 I only scored one headed goal. One out of about 100+ attempts? I don't expect to score with every attempt but one in 100 is ridiculous.

Well being that FIFA 11 wasn't very good, but FIFA 09/10 was better then PES 09/10, I think it's not exactly fair to say FIFA sucks. I think it's fair to say that both games are quality games. What I was saying about the official licencing was completely different then what you guys got out of it though. Laughing EA wants to claim complete power of the major Soccer leagues. So why would PES make a game, if they could not have the EPL, SPL (Spanish league), etc? I am not saying by any means would that be good because, Competition is good. My point is, EA is trying harder more then ever, so they can get a certain amount of people to buy the game. If they get ex. amount of people to buy FIFA 12, 13, 14, they will be able to get the Offical Licencing. The only way they can get more and more people to buy it, instead of less and less, is to make the game better. Do I want FIFA to get rid of PES, of course not. Options are good but, it's bound to happen. If it means EA making a better game for the next 3 years, that's good. I think we have to agree to disagree, since we both have our different opinions, even though this was a great discussion. Very good discussion.

But you can't really have a strategy in Soccer.. You kinda just gotta go with the flow.. But you probably know this since you're from England. Regardless, In fifa 10, my stratagy was a lot of through balls. Crossing at the Pro Level is very difficult, so Fifa 11 is very realistic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Soarindude02

Posts : 1043
Street Cred : 19
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Mutant on August 18th 2011, 3:40 pm

It's to do with money.

EA have a lot more money than Konami so that's why there's so many official leagues in FIFA.

PES does have a few official leagues such as La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), the Dutch league (don't ask me to spell it!), Ligue 1 (France). They also have a couple of licensed teams like Rangers, Bayern Munich, Olympikos, etc.

Getting the rights to the Premiership I think is expensive and that's why they haven't got the official league in the game but instead have an invented league with invented team names (the player names are official for some reason). Reason they have a league for England even though it ain't official is because England is a big market for soccer.

I don't think EA will ever get exclusive rights for FIFA, there's just too many parties involved. Getting the rights to use the FIFA logo does not get you the rights to use the leagues. It's a lot omore complicated than Madden, NBA, and NHL games since getting the rights for the NHL gives you the rights to use the teams. Difference is, the NHL and NBA aren't thick enough to sell out and give the exclusive rights deals to EA.

Which is probably a good thing.


There's actually a lot of strategy in soccer. It depends on your teams strengths and weaknesses and who you're playing. Stoke for example played Chelsea on Saturday and played a really physical, defensive game. They got right in Chelsea's face. And it worked. Stoke got a 0-0 draw (tie) against one of the best teams in Europe.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  TRU11 on August 18th 2011, 5:56 pm

i havent played it since then.

my lil bro got it though but he as well now plays PES after i converted him.

i know all about the new engine and i still dont like it.

it really bothers me that every damm player can control a ball with the outside of there feet and pretty much any players looks to have the same technique.

i dont like it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
TRU11

Posts : 877
Street Cred : 25
Join date : 2011-04-16
Location : amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Soarindude02 on August 18th 2011, 11:12 pm

TRU11 wrote:i havent played it since then.

my lil bro got it though but he as well now plays PES after i converted him.

i know all about the new engine and i still dont like it.

it really bothers me that every damm player can control a ball with the outside of there feet and pretty much any players looks to have the same technique.

i dont like it.

You're dumb.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Soarindude02

Posts : 1043
Street Cred : 19
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  TRU11 on August 19th 2011, 8:23 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:i havent played it since then.

my lil bro got it though but he as well now plays PES after i converted him.

i know all about the new engine and i still dont like it.

it really bothers me that every damm player can control a ball with the outside of there feet and pretty much any players looks to have the same technique.

i dont like it.

You're dumb.

says the guy who thinks there is just 1 license for all of football Rolling Eyes

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
TRU11

Posts : 877
Street Cred : 25
Join date : 2011-04-16
Location : amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Browns on August 19th 2011, 3:43 pm

soccer Sleep
avatar
Browns

Posts : 1031
Street Cred : 41
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 21
Location : Massillon, OH

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Mutant on August 19th 2011, 3:46 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:soccer Sleep

Exactly!

American football is way better.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  ccdog23 on August 19th 2011, 4:37 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:soccer Sleep

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
ccdog23

Posts : 2464
Street Cred : 113
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 23
Location : Not detroit thank God

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Soarindude02 on August 20th 2011, 12:42 am

Mutant wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:soccer Sleep

Exactly!

American football is way better.

And you call yourself a fuckin brit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Soarindude02

Posts : 1043
Street Cred : 19
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Mutant on August 20th 2011, 5:49 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:soccer Sleep

Exactly!

American football is way better.

And you call yourself a fuckin brit.

WHat is that supposed to mean?

bo_brien is also a Brit and he doesn't like soccer either. He's a rugby man.

I don't like soccer because it's lost it's way. It was never about money, it is now. It's full of cissy girls who fall over screaming and roll arround clucthing their leg when they were LIGHTLY tapped on the arm.

The players are all selfish bastards who care about money. There are 26 year old players who's already had 5 or 6 teams already in their short careers because they're constantly whining about wanting to leave just because their current team fails to make the Champions League.

Even worse are the players who say they love their team and want to stay there and win trophies, 3 weeks later they're sold to another team and they're like "well I always wanted to join 'xxxx xxx'. It's an honour to wear the shirt, I want to repay the owner by winning lots of trophies for the team.".

And the biggest clincher of all? It's dominated by the same teams Every. Fucking. Year. In the 20 years that the English Premier League has been going on for, there has beena total of FOUR teams to lift the trophy. FOUR! It's even worse in Scotland were outside the big two of Rangers and Celtic there's only been EIGHT teams to win the trophy SINCE 1890!

Maybe after this little rant you'll understand why I prefer the NFL to the EPL.

Anyway, cricket is more "british" than soccer because it's been around for a lot longer and the only teams who really play the sport are ones who were once part of the British Empire. Everyone in the world plays soccer.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  TRU11 on August 20th 2011, 7:47 am

its called football because you actually uses your foot to play the game unlike some american sport with foot is in the name but where less then 5% of the time the foot is actually used Rolling Eyes

BTW im a south american who lives in Europe Razz

on another note i also prefer the NBA and NFL over ``soccer``.

There are just a few matches of ```soccer`` i watch and enjoy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
TRU11

Posts : 877
Street Cred : 25
Join date : 2011-04-16
Location : amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Mutant on August 20th 2011, 8:14 am

TRU11 wrote:its called football because you actually uses your foot to play the game unlike some american sport with foot is in the name but where less then 5% of the time the foot is actually used Rolling Eyes

BTW im a south american who lives in Europe Razz

on another note i also prefer the NBA and NFL over ``soccer``.

There are just a few matches of ```soccer`` i watch and enjoy.

The only ones I really watch is the World Cup and European Championships.

And I root for Germany because I'm half German, plus England are the most over-rated soccer team in the world. Maybe even the most over-rated team in any sport. Every major tournament they qualify for the English media are like:

OMFG! WE WILL DOMINATE EVERY1 AND WIN THE CUP! NO ONE CAN STOP US!

Then they get raped by a team of mostly unknown German kids in the quarter finals. Or they lose on penalties to either Portugal or Germany. Then they think calling up every teenage prospect is the way to solve the problem.

But we both live in Europe. We might not like "sokkah" but we can't get away from it. It's on the news, in the papers, on news websites, etc.
avatar
Mutant

Posts : 1172
Street Cred : 46
Join date : 2011-04-12
Location : Across the pond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  TRU11 on August 21st 2011, 6:26 pm

Mutant wrote:
TRU11 wrote:its called football because you actually uses your foot to play the game unlike some american sport with foot is in the name but where less then 5% of the time the foot is actually used Rolling Eyes

BTW im a south american who lives in Europe Razz

on another note i also prefer the NBA and NFL over ``soccer``.

There are just a few matches of ```soccer`` i watch and enjoy.

The only ones I really watch is the World Cup and European Championships.

And I root for Germany because I'm half German, plus England are the most over-rated soccer team in the world. Maybe even the most over-rated team in any sport. Every major tournament they qualify for the English media are like:

OMFG! WE WILL DOMINATE EVERY1 AND WIN THE CUP! NO ONE CAN STOP US!

Then they get raped by a team of mostly unknown German kids in the quarter finals. Or they lose on penalties to either Portugal or Germany. Then they think calling up every teenage prospect is the way to solve the problem.

But we both live in Europe. We might not like "sokkah" but we can't get away from it. It's on the news, in the papers, on news websites, etc.

i pretty much watch the same games as you with also the big matches in england and spain, along with the champios league.

only country i root 4 is brazil causei was brought up that way and the country i was born and raised has no meaningfull team lol.

with only like 500.000 inhabitants aint much is there to do about that and brazil is also the only neighbor country who got a team lol.
guyana and french guyana are even worse then us lmao.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
TRU11

Posts : 877
Street Cred : 25
Join date : 2011-04-16
Location : amsterdam, Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Why FIFA 11 Is Considered Great?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum